Error and empty database

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
scanman

Error and empty database

Post by scanman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:57 am

Hi

I use the most recent VRS in Windows 10 and I got this error a couple of days ago, any idea what is wrong?

I opened the basestation.sqb after that error to see if I could see anything wrong in there, and I did, the database was empty! Luckily I make a new copy every week so I didn´t loose too many new aircraft.

Database writer plugin caught exception on flushing old flights: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed

agw

Re: Error and empty database

Post by agw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:06 pm

The only time that VRS would intentionally create an empty database is when you click the button to create a new database file in the plugin. I've just tried it with a file that already existed and it didn't care, it just created it, so I'm guessing you pressed the button either in the plugin options or in the web admin screen.

I'll add something to at least prompt for confirmation if the file already exists.

scanman

Post by scanman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Thank you for your reply agw! No I didn´t press any buttons or tick anything, it just happened by itself. I see someone else got the same problem but maybe is better to explain it than what I am, as english isn´t my first language.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1667

At first I thought if it maybe was something wrong with my hard drive as it said disc error but I guess not when I read what you wrote.

scanman

Post by scanman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:38 pm

I just went to check my Todays flights and same error has happened today... So it is now two times in a week it destroys my basestations. sqb.

Probably will have to revert back to an older version of VRS and see if that helps.

[2018-08-22 21:32:38.185 UTC] [t22] Database writer plugin caught exception on flushing old flights: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed