Can anybody help

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
psimpson

Can anybody help

Post by psimpson » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi VRS Forum,

While i love adsbexchange and appreciate the efforts the guys put in, i do find its reliability rather frustrating .
Yesterday evening it was all working so well, i was seeing all the adsb and mlat traffic for YYZ,JFK,BOS,etc but now unfortunately it gone back to showing sparse traffic that is behind time.
Is their anybody here that can fix it so that the radar traffic maps work well 24/7. I can only think it a problem connected with the server or the feeds are not on line 24/7.

Thank you

psimpson

PS I did post this in the adsbexchange forum and was asked to post here see below.

Direct all your complaints to VRS forum and get the dev to fix it. VRS was not designed to serve 1000's of requests a second. There's 30 servers to handle that Web UI.

agw

Re: Can anybody help

Post by agw » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Direct all your complaints to VRS forum and get the dev to fix it. VRS was not designed to serve 1000's of requests a second. There's 30 servers to handle that Web UI.
That's a bit cheeky of them if true. But the statement is correct, VRS is not designed to serve thousands of requests per second.

I don't have anything to do with ADSBExchange, any questions you have about feeds etc. need to be directed towards them.