New Error Tile related

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
paradiselost

New Error Tile related

Post by paradiselost » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 pm

One of my sites is getting a fatal error related to the tile manager. this error message prevents the program from loading and uninstalling the program and plugins and reinstalling exhibits the same problem. Uninstalling 2.41 and installing the beta has the same fatal error. Attached is a screen shot of the error message.

Forum Program won't allow me to paste the pic of the error message. but it is a system nullreference exception. object reference not set to an instance of an object. it all relates to the tile servermanager not loading.

Worked fine up until yesterday.

paradiselost

agw

Re: New Error Tile related

Post by agw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:23 am

This can happen when for some reason the downloaded tile settings JSON file is empty. It has been fixed in the latest previews, but if you want to stay on the release build then go into the VRS configuration folder and delete TileServerSettings-Downloaded.json.

paradiselost

Re: New Error Tile related

Post by paradiselost » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:59 am

On the remote site after upgrading to the beta, I suspected the TileServerSettings-Downloaded.json was the culprit. I copied and overwrote the remote TileServerSettings-Downloaded.json from my local server and that fixed it. Somehow the remote file must have been corrupted.

Thanks Andrew!

paradiselost