Tile Server Cache Plugin: [Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)]

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Saturnus

Tile Server Cache Plugin: [Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)]

Post by Saturnus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm

"Outcome: [Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)]"

It could be that I missed something but the plugin description (This plugin keeps a local copy of the tiles that are downloaded from tile servers and serves those copies when available.) sounds like you just enable it, and it should work, but it does not. Running 2.4.3 on mono.

agw

Re: Tile Server Cache Plugin: [Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)]

Post by agw » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:48 pm

The error is saying that the tile server you're using only accepts HTTPS connections that use TLS 1.2 or better (earlier versions have been deprecated because they have vulnerabilities). The version of mono that you are using is probably a few years old and doesn't support TLS 1.2.

If you update to a later version of mono then that should cure it. Alternatively there are many tile servers that will accept HTTP connections, i.e. unencrypted connections, and they'll work with your existing version of mono.

Saturnus

Re: Tile Server Cache Plugin: [Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)]

Post by Saturnus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:39 pm

Mono 5.20.1.19-r0. 11 Apr 2019.

But your reply got me into the right direction.

I am running on Alpine in Docker which is very minimal, so something was missing.
I installed ca-certificates
Then

Code: Select all

cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
As mentioned on https://github.com/duplicati/duplicati/ ... rt-in-Mono

Thanks.