Bugs in 2.0.0

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Bugs in 2.0.0

Post by agw » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 pm

A lot has changed so there's bound to be a few :) Let me know about them here.

I've set up a YouTrack account for Virtual Radar Server bugs and feature requests, you can access it from here:

http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk/

g_r

Re: Bugs in 2.0.0

Post by g_r » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:10 pm

First, THANK YOU for this project, and 2.0.0!

After upgrading, everything is working fine except for the Base Station DB writer plugin. I created issue #VRS-19 on the YouTrack account. Thank you.

g_r

agw

Post by agw » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:31 pm

I get emailed about issues posted on the YouTrack site :) It looks like you're still running the old version of the plugin, if you upgrade it to 2.0.0 then it should work.

g_r

Post by g_r » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Ah, okay, well, updated the issue there. All is well! Thanks so much!

egpd1701

Post by egpd1701 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 pm

A couple of issues

1. You cannot set the initial zoom for location - not good have to keep zooming out ALL the time.
2. Free-form reports don't work. Only thing showing is map in upper left
3. Reports are not from first to last instead of last to first. Another continual annoyance as have to keep changing the view ALL the time.
4. To get to the reports you have to go into settings???????? Its not a setting and it needs its own button.
5. There is no report options on the right hand windows as per 1.2.4
6. It is Still using c:\apps\local!!!!! Even though its installed on D:\

egpd1701

Post by egpd1701 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 pm

Got another one

I changed one of my receivers which was not connected from Basestation to pass through and got the following error
Attachments
Error1.JPG
Error1.JPG (126.87 KiB) Viewed 5905 times

egpd1701

Post by egpd1701 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:34 pm

When minimizing its still only minimizes to the notification area and not the notification area. :)

agw

Post by agw » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:39 pm

egpd1701 wrote:When minimizing its still only minimizes to the notification area and not the notification area.
Go to Tools | Options | General and set "Minimise to system tray" to Yes.
egpd1701 wrote:I changed one of my receivers which was not connected from Basestation to pass through and got the following error
I can reproduce that one - it'll be fixed for the next version.
egpd1701 wrote:1. You cannot set the initial zoom for location - not good have to keep zooming out ALL the time.
I can't reproduce this. If I set a zoom level in the server settings then it gets used on the first visit to the site, and then once I zoom in it remembers the zoom for the next session.
egpd1701 wrote:2. Free-form reports don't work. Only thing showing is map in upper left
Free-form reports are just reports with no criteria. You have to click the criteria button and supply the criteria.

All of the criteria (and the sort order) can be set via query string parameters, you can create your own links to reports. I've not documented those yet though :)
egpd1701 wrote:4. To get to the reports you have to go into settings???????? Its not a setting and it needs its own button.
The Settings menu should probably have been called "Menu" rather than "Settings". I didn't like the way the map got spammed with buttons in the old version, there's only going to be that menu button from now on.
egpd1701 wrote:5. There is no report options on the right hand windows as per 1.2.4
The links on different elements in the old version were a pain, they turned selecting items on the list into a crap shoot. Depending on where you clicked you either selected an aircraft or got sent to a report page. It got even worse when trying to scroll the list on touchscreens. They were only there because I had nowhere better to put them.
egpd1701 wrote:6. It is Still using c:\apps\local!!!!! Even though its installed on D:\
It doesn't store settings under the installation folder. It uses the %LOCALAPPDATA% folder that you've got configured in Windows.

You can force VRS to ignore your Windows settings with the -workingFolder command-line switch (e.g. virtualradar.exe -workingFolder:d:\whatever).

Steve M

Post by Steve M » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi

The routes lookup is not working. I get a long error message when I try to download the routes database with it basically saying that there is no connection to the remote server.

I cannot find a way to save reports that I set up.

In the Day and Previous Day reports, clicking on the Column headers does not result in a sort as it does in the map list.

Would like to facility to make up columns like the "Altitude & VSI" that appears to be a standard. (I would actually like to make a "FL & VSI").

For the "To Do" list, is there a way to be able to put in a local QNH so that when aircraft are below the Transition Level , there heights will be more accurate rather than based on 1013 hPa?

However, overall very nice. I have it working on my Windows 8.1 desktop and when I check using my laptop, Android Phone and Tablet, it works very well in both desktop and mobile pages.

agw

Post by agw » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Steve M wrote:The routes lookup is not working. I get a long error message when I try to download the routes database with it basically saying that there is no connection to the remote server.
I don't remember changing anything in this area and it's working fine for me. Were you getting the problem under 1.2.4? Are you running the Windows or Mono version of VRS? Do you have to go through a proxy to connect to the Internet?
Steve M wrote:I cannot find a way to save reports that I set up.
There isn't one :) However you can form links to reports... it's just that I haven't documented how to do that and the site doesn't give you any help in figuring them out. I've added it to the list of things to do (http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk ... sue/VRS-27).
Steve M wrote:Would like to facility to make up columns like the "Altitude & VSI" that appears to be a standard. (I would actually like to make a "FL & VSI").
You can add columns using the custom content plugin but (a) you need to know JavaScript and (b) I'm going to be changing the object that renders columns a bit so any changes at the moment would need redoing at some point in the near future.

I'll add FL & VSI to the list of standard columns.
Steve M wrote:For the "To Do" list, is there a way to be able to put in a local QNH so that
Already on the list of things to do :) You can subscribe to http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk ... sue/VRS-13 if you want to see when it gets done. A local QNH would work for people who only view their own feed but wouldn't work so well for people viewing aggregated feeds, hence the slightly more complicated solution that I've got in mind.