Bugs in 2.0.0

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Re: Bugs in 2.0.0

Post by agw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Gyzmok wrote:I would like to set the default sort order of the list located on the right-down side of the screen to be : Altitude - ascending

I have tryed these entries in the scripts :
Yes, sorry about that - there's only one aircraft list sorter and it's created before you get a chance to configure the global options, so your changes are being made too late. To get the effect you want you have to set the properties on the aircraft list sorter object directly:

Code: Select all

VRS.aircraftListSorter.setSortField(0, { field: VRS.AircraftListSortableField.Altitude, ascending: true });
VRS.aircraftListSorter.setSortField(1, { field: VRS.AircraftListSortableField.None,     ascending: true });
VRS.aircraftListSorter.setSortField(2, { field: VRS.AircraftListSortableField.None,     ascending: true });
If you only one to sort by one column then there is a better way than that to do it:

Code: Select all

VRS.aircraftListSorter.setSingleSortField({
    field: VRS.AircraftListSortableField.Altitude,
    ascending: true
});
That function sets the first sort column to whatever you pass across and then sets all the remaining columns to "None", so it won't break if the number of sort columns changes in the future.

Those only set the defaults - the user can override them. If you want to remove any settings that you might have configured on a browser then navigate to the settings.html page and click the "Remove All" button.

EDIT: Made it a bit clearer that setSortField and setSingleSortField are two different ways of doing the same thing.

agw

Post by agw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm

donde wrote:I go to Shortcuts, Moving Map is already on.
When the desktop map page loads the moving map is switched off. If it says "Moving Map On" then it means "Click here to switch the moving map on".

I should probably word it differently, e.g. "Switch Moving Map On" and "Switch Moving Map Off".

donde

Post by donde » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:44 pm

When the desktop map page loads the moving map is switched off.
OK, I'll give that a try on 2.0.0.

Thanks

Gyzmok

Post by Gyzmok » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Nice !
VRS.aircraftListSorter.setSortField(0, { field: VRS.AircraftListSortableField.Altitude, ascending: true });
VRS.aircraftListSorter.setSortField(1, { field: VRS.AircraftListSortableField.None, ascending: true });
VRS.aircraftListSorter.setSortField(2, { field: VRS.AircraftListSortableField.None, ascending: true });
Does exactly what I want !

I now try to add some fields into the right-upper Aircraft info screen.

I added this code into the script :

VRS.globalOptions.aircraftInfoWindowItems = [
VRS.RenderProperty.Altitude,
VRS.RenderProperty.VerticalSpeed,
VRS.RenderProperty.Speed,
VRS.RenderProperty.Heading,
VRS.RenderProperty.Distance,
VRS.RenderProperty.Squawk,
VRS.RenderProperty.Engines,
VRS.RenderProperty.Species,
VRS.RenderProperty.Wtc,
VRS.RenderProperty.TimeTracked,
VRS.RenderProperty.FlightsCount,
VRS.RenderProperty.Receiver,
VRS.RenderProperty.RouteFull,
VRS.RenderProperty.Picture
];

You guessed it : no go :oops:

http://78.23.150.177:8205/VirtualRadar/desktop.html#

agw

Post by agw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Gyzmok wrote:I now try to add some fields into the right-upper Aircraft info screen.

I added this code into the script :

VRS.globalOptions.aircraftInfoWindowItems = [
Google Maps calls the little bubble window that appears against aircraft on the mobile page the info window - the aircraftInfoWindow controls that window, so you were setting up the default items for that. The thing you're after is the aircraft detail widget / plugin. The array you want to set up is VRS.globalOptions.detailPanelDefaultItems. It's also an array of VRS.RenderProperty values so all you should need to do is change the name from aircraftInfoWindowItems to detailPanelDefaultItems.

jimjack

Post by jimjack » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 am

Hi agw,

one question.

When I select an aircraft. How can I deselect this?
In 1.2.4 there was a "link" hiding selected aircraft" on the detailed aircraft information window.

Regards,
jimjack

Gyzmok

Post by Gyzmok » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Sorry for the 'info Window' - 'Detail Panel' mix-up.

Perhaps not a bug, but I changed the script to your instructions (only replacing 'aircraftInfoWindowItems' by 'detailPanelDefaultItems' ):

VRS.globalOptions.detailPanelDefaultItems = [
VRS.RenderProperty.VerticalSpeed,
VRS.RenderProperty.Speed,
VRS.RenderProperty.Heading,
VRS.RenderProperty.Distance,
VRS.RenderProperty.Squawk,
VRS.RenderProperty.Engines,
VRS.RenderProperty.Species,
VRS.RenderProperty.Wtc,
VRS.RenderProperty.TimeTracked,
VRS.RenderProperty.FlightsCount,
VRS.RenderProperty.Receiver,
VRS.RenderProperty.RouteFull,
VRS.RenderProperty.Picture
];

but unfortunately : still no added fields in the desktop version upper-right 'detail panel'.
Might be something that I overlooked...
http://78.23.150.177:8205/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

agw

Post by agw » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:53 pm

jimjack wrote:When I select an aircraft. How can I deselect this?
In 1.2.4 there was a "link" hiding selected aircraft" on the detailed aircraft information window.
The short answer is that you can't. That link was mostly there so that you could reclaim the space that the aircraft detail panel took up when an aircraft was selected. However in version 2 the splitters do that job - if you double-click the splitter between the list and detail panels, or click the up arrows on the left of the splitter, then the detail panel is hidden and the list gets all of the space even if an aircraft is selected. So the main purpose of that link went away with version 2.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Gyzmok wrote:Sorry for the 'info Window' - 'Detail Panel' mix-up.

Perhaps not a bug, but I changed the script to your instructions (only replacing 'aircraftInfoWindowItems' by 'detailPanelDefaultItems' ):but unfortunately : still no added fields in the desktop version upper-right 'detail panel'.

Might be something that I overlooked...
I'm afraid it's something that I overlooked :) What you've written will work, but not in version 2.0.0. I'll fix it for the next release.

jimjack

Post by jimjack » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 am

agw wrote: The short answer is that you can't. That link was mostly there so that you could reclaim the space that the aircraft detail panel took up when an aircraft was selected. However in version 2 the splitters do that job - if you double-click the splitter between the list and detail panels, or click the up arrows on the left of the splitter, then the detail panel is hidden and the list gets all of the space even if an aircraft is selected. So the main purpose of that link went away with version 2.
Thanks for your answer. That's a nice function.

But what I meant was this

How can I deselect/hide this selected aircraft? In version V1.2.4 was an link to hide this selected aircraft in the window for the detailted aircraft information.

jimjack