Bugs in 2.0.0

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Lector

Re: Bugs in 2.0.0

Post by Lector » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:32 pm

I would propose to make a small improvement in this amazing programm 'cause I'm sure it was not done yet here:
While the map being zoomed when some particular aircraft is selected and aircraft's symbol goes off of the visible map area (or map area is shifted in such position that this aircraft goes out of visible area, for instance), or also that selected aircraft flys out of the map by self :), its track should not disappear even if "Hide aircraft not on map" option IS ticked.
In other words, do not hide the aircraft's track of the selected aircraft if it goes off the map window even if "Hide aircraft not on map" option is ON.
Hope, this quite clearly described. If not, I would appreciate for your interest to get more details regarding this suggestion.

agw

Post by agw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Lector wrote:its track should not disappear even if "Hide aircraft not on map" option IS ticked
That's not, strictly speaking, a bug report ;) I've added it to the list but I'm in two minds about it: http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk ... sue/VRS-49. It might be better to have a different option achieve the same effect rather than add things that circumvent a filter. Not sure, I need to have a think about it.

Lector

Post by Lector » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:01 am

Well, may be I picked a wrong section to post this suggestion as it is truly not a bug report but a wish to improve the functionality.
Sorry for that, next time I will go to "Feature Suggestions".
But since the discussion has begun, I would only say what it'll be great to keep (preserve) the track visible for the selected aircraft while the map has zoomed-in or scrolled away the aircraft's symbol.
Often is very curious to examine the track closely while the planes makes a curly maneuvers or look at their way flown over the terrain objects. But once zoom enough to the aircraft gets out of map, track disappears too.
And you always need to manipulate by the "Hide aircraft not on map" option. Normally I have it checked so far as I use consolidated data from "ads-b hub" network and I do not want to see a hundreds of aircrafts in the detail pane. But with such conditions the track hides away if the plain is not on the map. Thus I need to uncheck that option, then bate one's curiosity for the some aircraft's track and engage the "hide" option back everytime.

Lector

Post by Lector » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:54 pm

And btw, as for issue #49 "Always return the selected aircraft's details when "Hide aircraft not on map" is selected", I would not do phrase it in a such globalized manner. There is no need to display all details of the selected aircraft. Just keep the track line visible :)

kallig

Post by kallig » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Two problems i am experiencing.

On iOS, I cant use a link saved on homescreen. the screen is stuck at the black window with the blue aircraft.

On android a friend gets this error when trying to open VRS:
"This browser does not support local storage"

agw

Post by agw » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:54 am

kallig wrote:On iOS, I cant use a link saved on homescreen. the screen is stuck at the black window with the blue aircraft.
I'm not getting the same problem on iOS 7, although I have noticed that the icon is wrong. Which version of iOS are you using? Did you do something like save the site to the home screen on your local network and then try to use it when you were away from home?
kallig wrote:On android a friend gets this error when trying to open VRS:
"This browser does not support local storage"
Is your friend running the browser in private mode? Browsers tend to disallow writes to local storage when they're running in private mode. Your friend should be able to close the message and continue using the site, it's just that any options that they set won't survive the session because they can't be saved.

kallig

Post by kallig » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am

I found the iOs problem. I can use the home screen icon when I turn off password protection.

searingxheretic

Post by searingxheretic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Hello,

trying to get some help with VRS 2.0. Prior to upgrading to 2.0, I was using SBS Populate on version 1.x.x to populate my database. After installing 2.0, i now get an Unhandled exception when I try to use SBS-1 Populate with the auto populate function. any guidance on this issue?

Thanks for the great product, I like version 2.0, but it is a bit useless without the planes populating.

agw

Post by agw » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:26 am

searingxheretic wrote:After installing 2.0, i now get an Unhandled exception when I try to use SBS-1 Populate with the auto populate function.
VRS 2 works fine with SBSPopulate; I use it myself, the combination definitely works. I have noticed that SBSPopulate will throw an exception if there are no flights for the current session when you click the button to start the auto-populate. The Database Writer plugin now has to be told which receiver it should be recording flights for - if you check to make sure that that's been configured with a receiver, and then make sure that you can see at least one aircraft before clicking the auto-populate button in SBSPopulate then you should be alright.

gtworek

Post by gtworek » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:28 am

Hello!

I did not find the bug in the tracker but it seems to appear in my environment: All distances are waaay to big. I guess that VirtualRadar takes 0,0 as my location. In the config file I entered 52,21 but it doesn't look like used by an application.