Bugs in 2.0.1

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Re: Bugs in 2.0.1

Post by agw » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:32 pm

oh-bomm wrote:then I got this message i Ubuntu 13. Operatingsystem with mono.
I've not tried VRS with Ubuntu 13 - which version of Ubuntu are you running? 04 or 10, 32- or 64-bit?

jfm

Post by jfm » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 pm

I am running under Mono on OSX.

Errors:

(x) The key "minimal-ui" is not recognized and ignored. desktopReport.html:15
(8) Uncaught ReferenceError: MarkerWithLabel is not defined jquery.vrs.map.js:1678

Line 1678: else marker = new MarkerWithLabel(googleOptions);

gtworek

Post by gtworek » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Hello!

If you try to launch Virtual Radar Server without creating user session (i.e. via task scheduler) you obtain:

Code: Select all

[t1] An unhandled exception was caught: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
Full message:System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
   at VirtualRadar.Program.StartApplication(String[] args)
   at VirtualRadar.Program.Main(String[] args)
Maybe it makes sense to add "silent" option to command line parameters to avoid this? Keeping whole session running to launch Virtual Radar Server is a waste of the machine memory :)

agw

Post by agw » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:05 am

jfm wrote:I am running under Mono on OSX.

Errors:

(x) The key "minimal-ui" is not recognized and ignored. desktopReport.html:15
(8) Uncaught ReferenceError: MarkerWithLabel is not defined jquery.vrs.map.js:1678

Line 1678: else marker = new MarkerWithLabel(googleOptions);
Thanks for that - I've reproduced and fixed the bug, it should be working for Mono in 2.0.2

agw

Post by agw » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:15 am

gtworek wrote:Hello!

If you try to launch Virtual Radar Server without creating user session (i.e. via task scheduler) you obtain:
Maybe it makes sense to add "silent" option to command line parameters to avoid this? Keeping whole session running to launch Virtual Radar Server is a waste of the machine memory :)
That's not a bug :)

I've been thinking about adding support for running VRS as a service but there's a lot of work involved. If it happens it's not going to happen soon.

gtworek

Post by gtworek » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:28 am

agw wrote:
That's not a bug :)
If you say so... ;)
It will cost me some amount of RAM + little bit more complicated way of automated launching but I can live with this.
Thank you for your reply!

Sentry_e3

Post by Sentry_e3 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks Andrew for the ''new version display'' issue, it's solved, but i got a new one...

The 1.2.4 version solution (quoted below) is not working anymore on ios safari :( after reloading the webpage the default settings are back
agw wrote:
Ha - funnily enough I had an email from a chap in Ireland last week saying the same thing! He'd upgraded to iOS7 and mobile Safari was no longer storing cookies, which has the effect of losing any configuration changes after the page has reloaded. I would start by checking the privacy and cookie settings.

After some unsuccesfull tries, here is the correct way to solve this problem:

In ''block cookies'', choose ''never''
Then go to safari, go to the website, choose the display options
And after that, go back to the cookies options and choose the middle option (between never and always).

It seems to work

agw

Post by agw » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:10 am

The site doesn't use cookies any more, it uses local storage. Do you have private browsing switched on?

bgav

Post by bgav » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:48 am

Running into missing data when generating reports. For example, when running a report for all Military aircraft as the only criteria, I'm only getting results for the past 2 weeks and I have data for over 12 months in my basestation.sqb. If I run a registration report for known military aircraft, I'll get all results for that aircraft for all dates (not just the last 2 weeks) so I know VRS is able to read the database ok.

Edit: OK added date criteria and seems to be working fine.

oh-bomm

Post by oh-bomm » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:53 am

agw wrote:
oh-bomm wrote:then I got this message i Ubuntu 13. Operatingsystem with mono.
I've not tried VRS with Ubuntu 13 - which version of Ubuntu are you running? 04 or 10, 32- or 64-bit?
Sorry if it took so long to answer got it working now put it in a blank folder and got it
You learn everyday something new