Bugs in 2.0.1

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
WB3FSR

2.0.1 Win7 no configuration saved

Post by WB3FSR » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:09 am

Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is trying to install / configure VRS on his win 7 machine.... When I walk him through configuration all data looks good but no configuration file saved and of course when he leave options and comes back in all of the data he entered is gone! He has tried granting Admin privileges and compatability mode but still no go.

Any thoughts on fix?

TIA PeterV WB3FSR

jonfear

Re: Bugs in 2.0.1

Post by jonfear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:58 am

Hi Peter

Get your friend to set up a directory of the root directory, something like tools. Then install VRS into that. It worked correctly for me. I needed to do this for another bit of software that problems with the windows 7 rights problems.

It goes without saying, remove the original install first!

HTH

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

WB3FSR

Re: Bugs in 2.0.1 No configuration.xml written

Post by WB3FSR » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:31 am

Thanks Jon,

Still no joy I thought you might have it but Bill (my friend) tried your direction on TWO win 7 machines and no config.xml file was generated - then he tried it using and older version that I run v 2.0.0.1554 he installed under xp pro sp3 since one of his win 7 machines has dual boot and still no configuration.xml...

Sometime later this evening when he returns I'll have him try a utility called fileMon and watch what files get manipulated. The only other thing that I can think of is maybe some folder permission. If this was linux I could see that, but not so sure about windows.

Tnx & 73 PeterV WB3FSR

CharlieAlpha

Re: Bugs in 2.0.1 - Not Interesting enough?

Post by CharlieAlpha » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:16 am

Apologies if this is user error or is a known issue addressed in 2.0.2.

I have marked some aircraft as "interesting" in the basestation file - set the "interested" flag.

When I run a report and set criteria to show "interesting" aircraft no results are returns even when I include a date range where I know some of my aircraft of interest were seen and are recorded in the flights log.

The aircraft detail panel does not show the "interesting" field when those aircraft are selected; if I set the report to show empty fields on the detail panel the interesting field is shown as blank.

Am I using the "interested" field incorrectly or is there a problem with the reports?

Charlie

agw

Post by agw » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:30 pm

It's a bug - the server was never setting the Interested flag for aircraft in reports. I don't think it ever set it :) It does now, it'll show up in the next release.

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for all the good work - really looking forward to the new release.