Bugs in 2.0.2

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Re: Bugs in 2.0.2

Post by agw » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 am

agw wrote:I did have a command-line switch to allow Windows users to force the use of this but I appear to have taken it out before I released it. I'll add it back in for the next release.
I've been reduced to replying to myself :) The command-line switch wasn't dropped before it was released, I just overlooked it. It's -listenerTimeout:nn, where nn is the number of seconds of inactivity before the connection is dropped and reconnected.

milairuk

Post by milairuk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi Andrew,

Not sure if this is a bug or me being stupid. I have VRS set to remove a/c from map after signal loss at 10secs. If I select an aircraft that is going off the map it will remain in the list even after it disappears off the map until I select another A/C on the map. Not a huge deal, but thought it worth a mention. Love the new 2.0.2, except would like the option to turn off the pictures, but probably in the minority :oops:

All the best

John

agw

Post by agw » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:18 pm

When you say "remain in the list" do you mean that its details remain on screen? If so then you can go to Tools ¦ Options ¦ Map and choose one of "Deselect the aircraft" or "Enable auto-select" for "When aircraft go out of range".

You can get rid of the thumbnails - Tools ¦ Options ¦ Aircraft, then in the "Aircraft Details" section click the padlock and then click the bin icon next to "Pictures or Thumbnails".

milairuk

Post by milairuk » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 pm

agw wrote:When you say "remain in the list" do you mean that its details remain on screen? If so then you can go to Tools ¦ Options ¦ Map and choose one of "Deselect the aircraft" or "Enable auto-select" for "When aircraft go out of range".

You can get rid of the thumbnails - Tools ¦ Options ¦ Aircraft, then in the "Aircraft Details" section click the padlock and then click the bin icon next to "Pictures or Thumbnails".
Hi Andrew, no the A/C goes off the map but the entry remains in the list until I select another A/C on the map. The live data such as distance continues to update even though the A/C is not on the map. I've got a UPS flight selected that left the map 65 miles from me, but it is now showing the range at 105 miles. I've just monitored a KLM going off the map that I haven't selected and sure enough it's trail and entry disappeared as soon as it went off the map edge. I've got the options indicated selected. I've just found that refreshing the web page clears it as well. It's not a big deal, as why would you really stay on an A/C that is off the map :geek:

Thanks for the thumbnails tip, another part of VRS I've learnt about !

John

agw

Post by agw » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Ah right - what you're describing sounds like how it's intended to work. If you want the list to only show the aircraft on the map then you can click the "List only visible" link above the list.

milairuk

Post by milairuk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 pm

agw wrote:Ah right - what you're describing sounds like how it's intended to work. If you want the list to only show the aircraft on the map then you can click the "List only visible" link above the list.
I do have that selected. Time to leave this one methinks ....

agw

Post by agw » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 am

When you say that you have that selected do you mean it's currently saying "List only visible"? That's an invitation to list only the visible aircraft, it's not saying that it's already listing only visible aircraft.

milairuk

Post by milairuk » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:33 pm

agw wrote:When you say that you have that selected do you mean it's currently saying "List only visible"? That's an invitation to list only the visible aircraft, it's not saying that it's already listing only visible aircraft.
Sorry for the delay in replying, been away.
See screen shots, should be self explanatory I hope. If I select list all then the total A/C count increases to 113. Appears to have listed first last so read from bottom to top !!

John
Attachments
List only visible.jpg
List only visible
List only visible.jpg (84.05 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
DLH8PH off map.jpg
Off map but still in list and note distance now
DLH8PH off map.jpg (107.54 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
DLH8PH on map.jpg
On edge of map, note distance from my location
DLH8PH on map.jpg (109.88 KiB) Viewed 4653 times

agw

Post by agw » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 am

Ah right, yes, I see what you mean. That change came in with 2.0.1 I think, when an aircraft is selected it doesn't get excluded when it goes off the map. The problem was that if selected an aircraft and then you moved the map to see where its trail started it would disappear (along with its trail) when it ended up off the map.

Celestial

Newline Handling - (was Re: Bugs in 2.0.2)

Post by Celestial » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 pm

This has been the case for a while but after checking more configurations I have decided it's time to report it.

I've been using the following configurations where the broadcast feed is coming from over the network from ...IX boxes

RTL-> USB -> RaspberryPI (Raspbian) -> RTL Driver -> dump1090 -> Network -> VRS Windows -> Network -> Clients
RTL -> USB -> CuBox-i (Android) -> RTL Driver -> Network -> VRS Windows -> Network -> Clients

Everything works fine except that the broadcast line endings from Linux are \l and I believe that VRS Windows is expecting \n or \l \r

I'm not bright enough to fix this myself in the drivers/tuners but I think it would make more sense if there was some way to have an option in VRS for this (or have it automatically sense it?)

Cheers
Cel
Last edited by Celestial on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.