Bugs in 2.0.2

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
mezoo

Re: Bugs in 2.0.2

Post by mezoo » Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Probably me doing something wrong. But I have the same problem now on two computers.

VRS is running.
I start the browser with the link and the map and menu load but then everything stops.
No aircraft, no tracks.

While the Bytes Sent increases slowly the Last URL always stays on /serverConfig.json

I am using Firefox 29.0.1 on a Win7 and a XP machine.
Attachments
VRS_Error.jpg
VRS_Error.jpg (117.63 KiB) Viewed 3927 times

agw

Post by agw » Sun May 11, 2014 1:15 am

If you:

1. Load the site in Firefox
2. Press F12 in Firefox
3. Click the Console tab
4. Make sure that only the JS is enabled on the console...

then do you see any error messages in the JS console window? If so, could you copy & paste them here please?

paradiselost

Post by paradiselost » Thu May 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Using the uninstall found in Program Files\ VirtualRadar

1. Uninstalls everything in that folder except the Plugins folder and files it contains.

2. Does not uninstall/delete files in the USERS user local settings virtualradar and USERS user Appdata local

3. It is not clear that a new install after an uninstall overwrites leftover files from the previous installation.

4. In order to correct a bad installation the configuration.xml file needs to be refreshed on a reinstall.

On the screenshots the files left behind by the uninstall are shown.
vrsunstall2.jpg
vrsunstall2.jpg (46.41 KiB) Viewed 3888 times
vrsunstall1.jpg
vrsunstall1.jpg (23.14 KiB) Viewed 3888 times
John
Working Example of Version 2 Beta Virtual Radar Server http://dgteflyovers.ddns.net/virtualradar/
VRS 2 Help Files http://dgteflyovers.ddns.net:8080

jazzbassNick

Post by jazzbassNick » Fri May 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or user error, but when I bring up VRS's mobile site there are no aircraft listed.
http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/mobile.html displays 0 aircraft
http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/desktop.html is currently showing 18 aircraft tracked.

Thoughts/obvious goofs on my part?
Thanks,
N

agw

Post by agw » Sat May 17, 2014 5:45 pm

paradiselost wrote:Using the uninstall found in Program Files\ VirtualRadar

1. Uninstalls everything in that folder except the Plugins folder and files it contains.

2. Does not uninstall/delete files in the USERS user local settings virtualradar and USERS user Appdata local

3. It is not clear that a new install after an uninstall overwrites leftover files from the previous installation.

4. In order to correct a bad installation the configuration.xml file needs to be refreshed on a reinstall.
The uninstaller just removes the files that the installer originally laid down. If you run the uninstaller for the plugins (Control Panel | Add / Remove Programs) then the individual plugins should be installed.

The configuration settings are left behind on purpose because some people are in the habit of uninstalling an old version before installing a new one. There's actually no need to uninstall before installing a new version.

agw

Post by agw » Sat May 17, 2014 5:47 pm

jazzbassNick wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or user error, but when I bring up VRS's mobile site there are no aircraft listed.
http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/mobile.html displays 0 aircraft
http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/desktop.html is currently showing 18 aircraft tracked.

Thoughts/obvious goofs on my part?
Thanks,
N
Nothing obvious comes to mind. My guess would be that there may be some problem that prevents the JavaScript from running or starting after the page has finished loading. Which phone / tablet and browser are you using? Have you ever been able to see the site from the mobile device?

jazzbassNick

Post by jazzbassNick » Sun May 18, 2014 5:04 am

Happens on my desktop using Chrome (hence the localhost example) and both my android phone and tablet.
It did work on the pre-2.0 version, but not sure I ever looked with 2.0.1 or 2.0.

Bringing up the "old mobile" version on my desktop and mobile devices have the same result.
I don't see any JS errors in the console in Chrome, but not sure that I would.

Anything I should look at to get some insight?
Thanks,
N

agw

Post by agw » Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 am

It's working fine with my Android tablet and Chrome 34.0.1847.114.

Do you have the custom content plugin installed? If so then try disabling it.

Is the server on the Internet? If so then would it be alright if you PM or email me the address and I'll take a look at it from here?

jazzbassNick

Post by jazzbassNick » Tue May 20, 2014 4:08 am

I do have the Custom Content plugin installed, but it is indeed disabled.

I had opened and forwarded a port on my router and was testing the internet accessible version (which was exhibiting the same behavior).
I deleted the Merged Feed (which I wasn't using and it was disabled) as well as deleting 2 other receivers (both of which were disabled, but still listed).

Lo and behold, I can now access the mobile version. Is it possible I didn't have a "default" receiver selected and that was the hangup?
I don't recall seeing any messages requiring it until I deleted the other receivers.

It's fixed - apparently a user config error. Sorry 'bout that.

BTW, it's nice to see SDM back up ;)

I0216GR

Post by I0216GR » Wed May 21, 2014 10:56 pm

I used VRS on a desktop pc machine with XP and an old Pentium4 with good result.
Now I have installed the last version 2.0.2 on a Sony Vaio notebook with Vista and it work very well in the new graphics browser, but if I go to Reports>Today's Flights I don't have any flights in the list and the message "No records were found for the criteria supplied".
What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Roby