Bugs in 2.0.2

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Re: Bugs in 2.0.2

Post by agw » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 am

The receiver code shouldn't be buffering indefinitely, it should be keeping the buffer to ~10Kb if it gets connected to the wrong format feed. Which format did you use for the receiver?

Lector

Post by Lector » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Andrew,
I've just noticed, that no aircrafts are showing on the map with zoom level 3.
Could you confirm, whether it is a bug or not?
Please see the picture below for reference.
Zoom_lvl3.jpg
Zoom_lvl3.jpg (108.78 KiB) Viewed 2645 times

agw

Post by agw » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:14 pm

I don't have a problem at zoom level 3, I can zoom out to see the globe and aircraft are still shown.

Have you changed the receiver setup on the server recently? I think there is a problem when the receiver setup changes and the receiver that the site was using has its ID number changed, the site continues to try to fetch it without realising that it no longer exists. If you've recently modified the receivers list then try re-selecting the receiver on the site.

Lector

Post by Lector » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:42 pm

I did no any changes to any receiver I use. I also ask to check this behaviour on absolutely different machine with VRS running and got the same result.
That is really strange, that if the map is zooming further to lower levels, aircrafts are coming visible again.
And yet one - if some aircraft has been previously selected, it remains visible on level 3.
Did you try to zoom out, including low levels with some delay at every level to see that planes drawing has really takes place?

Skibox

Post by Skibox » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:04 pm

agw wrote:The receiver code shouldn't be buffering indefinitely, it should be keeping the buffer to ~10Kb if it gets connected to the wrong format feed. Which format did you use for the receiver?
As stated, a raw receiver connects to a BS feed. The buffer counter on the rebroadcast status also goes high.

/M

agw

Post by agw » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 am

Lector wrote:And yet one - if some aircraft has been previously selected, it remains visible on level 3.
The only thing that the site does with the zoom level is switch altitude stalks on and off when you go past a certain zoom level (I can't remember the level). However if there was a bug in that stuff it would affect all aircraft, not just those that aren't selected.

Can you take a look at the JavaScript console window (F12 on most Windows browsers) and see if you're getting any errors when there aren't any aircraft on screen?

Would it be possible to put the site up onto the Internet and either email me or PM me the address so that I can take a look?

agw

Post by agw » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:34 am

Skibox wrote:As stated, a raw receiver connects to a BS feed.
Ah right, sorry, I read it as you sending a BaseStation feed to a raw format receiver :) I can imagine how that one might get out of control, it'll get fixed for the next release.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:24 pm

I noticed a small bug recently with flights that have an intermediate stop on a route. If I mouse over a particular aircraft, for example DAL477 currently on approach to JFK as I write this, I will see: From LEBL Barcelona, Spain to KLAX Los Angeles, United States via undefined. It does not matter the flight, as long as there is an intermediate stop, "via undefined" will be displayed. For flights without an intermediate stop, it display fine.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:30 am

Yes, that was a bit of a boo boo :) It's been fixed for the next release: http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk ... sue/VRS-99

stoyanov

Post by stoyanov » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 am

Hi!
Im running VRS on Debian 6 + mono + supervise. What I find strange is that for about 10 days of running, VRS+mono+supervise is able to eat all the memory+swap, and it doesent free it( even when no clients are surfing the page). The only way to free some memory is restarting VRS. I dont think this is normal behavior and decided to report it.

Best regards!