Exception in 2.0.2 - "No application associated..."

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Viper0222

Exception in 2.0.2 - "No application associated..."

Post by Viper0222 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi All,

After having everything working for the last year or more (through various versions), and working for weeks on the latest 2.0.2, I suddenly get the below error upon trying to open the webpage:

[2014-09-04 19:58:19.497 UTC] [t1] An unhandled exception was caught: No application is associated with the specified file for this operation
Full message:System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No application is associated with the specified file for this operation
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at VirtualRadar.WinForms.Controls.WebServerStatusControl.BrowseAddress()
at VirtualRadar.WinForms.Controls.WebServerStatusControl.linkLabelAddress_LinkClicked(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Tried reinstalling VRS and same issue. (I did not see this error in previous posts). Any suggestions??

Thanks, Matt

agw

Re: Exception in 2.0.2 - "No application associated..."

Post by agw » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:56 am

Sorry for the delay in replying. It's saying that you don't have a default web browser configured. Chances are that you installed a browser, set it to be the default and then uninstalled it.

If you start Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome - whichever one you want as your default browser - and then go into settings and tell it that you want that browser to be the system's default browser then you should find that the link will start working.

Viper0222

Re: Exception in 2.0.2 - "No application associated..."

Post by Viper0222 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:30 am

Well I guess that was it, because now it comes up fine. Not sure how that setting got changed. Unfortunately, it looks like my entire history going back at least a year is gone. Had a couple of very interesting captures, including a couple of U2 flights. Oh well, I thank you for getting it sorted out!!

-Matt