Not Seeing "Callsign" in Reports

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
fantom

Not Seeing "Callsign" in Reports

Post by fantom » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:29 pm

"Callsigns" are showing on most A/C in the normal window. After selecting a report the Report window does not show the "Callsigns" . It is as if the database is not storing them.

jonfear

Re: Not Seeing "Callsign" in Reports

Post by jonfear » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi Neighbour!

I have just check both my local system here in Weston S M and VRS World and reports for call sign are working correctly. I am not sure but do you have the database writer plugin installed and enabled? This may help. Otherwise time should build the local database, at least 24 hours running.

I am sure if I am wrong, someone will correct me!

Cheers

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

agw

Post by agw » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:58 am

Yes - everything in the reports comes from the BaseStation.sqb database. If you don't have a database configured then the reports won't show anything. If you do have a database, and the reports are showing rows but nothing under Callsign, then whatever is updating the database isn't writing the callsign. Callsigns are only stored on flight records, so if you are using a pre-populated database which only has aircraft records in it then you won't see any callsigns.

Are you using a pre-populated database or are you using the database writer plugin, or some other program, to record the flights?

fantom

Post by fantom » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:42 am

Problem cured!

Having left the program running for 24 hrs, and a restart I am seeing all the information I need..

Thanks to those who replied....