More route changes

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
ChristianS

More route changes

Post by ChristianS » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 pm

"The XFW-XFW part of the route is invalid, it is a flight from and to the same airport"

This is the reason stated for rejecting my route entry. BUT

This is one of more Airbus Test flights, that I have observed the last 2 weeks.

ChristianS

agw

Re: More route changes

Post by agw » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Sorry for the very late reply to this one! It would be nice to record Airbus test flight routes but really the routes site is aimed more at recording commercial flights. It's not really designed with ad-hoc routes in mind. If Airbus are submitting flight plans for each test flight individually then there's no reason why the same callsign couldn't be XFW-XFW one day and TLS-TLS the next. If that is the case then it's not really suited to the routes site, it'd never be up-to-date.

On the other hand if they're being consistent with their use of callsigns for test flights across all of their facilities then I can make the validation a warning rather than an error. It won't happen soon though, I need to concentrate on getting 2.0.3 finished. Once that's out of the way I plan on making a few changes to the routes site.

ChristianS

Post by ChristianS » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 pm

I think Your reason for omitting ad hoc flights from the database, available to all feeders, is quite OK.

That was the reason I asked for the possibility to have a small local list of Routes that could be added to MY Personal copy of VRS Only..

I already have a small local Route List, but I have to add it manually every Morning after VRS has updated the Database.

If a small subroutine could be added that imported a custom route-file after the daily update, this would save me a great deal of work.
(Say same format as the lists that can be saved from my Route Entry Account).

If You can find the time, take a look at around 5 PM on Thursdays and Fridays. A small King Air with the call sign D-IVAN tirelessly commutes between a small Airfield in the vicinity of Schweinfurt, Germany and Gothenburg City Airport.

For my own pleasure I would like to store his route in my Database.

Please Consider :)

ChristianS

agw

Post by agw » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:29 pm

VRS did used to have the ability to load custom routes a while ago, before the StandingData.sqb file was introduced, but I retired it when the routes site went up. However it was pointed out to me that some people want to record one-off charters and other flights that aren't really suitable for the routes site. I'll have a think about it.