Bugs in 2.1.0

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Rick

Re: Bugs in 2.1.0

Post by Rick » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for the clarification. CTRL-R worked and I exported the settings.

As an aside, Chrome had the same problem as Firefox.

Rick

Post by Rick » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 pm

Some minor issues with the Linux VRS version.

In the OPTION menu, several data entry screens (Receivers, Receiver Location and Rebroadcast Server) do not show all the data. For example:

1) When adding entries in the Receivers window the Port entry (below Address) Shows only the highest two digits. Port 30002 shows as 30. The correct port is there and shows in the Receivers window "table of receivers" but it does not show in the entry window.
2) Similar problem with the Receiver entry window when adding a receiver location. The Receiver Locations window itself (shows all receivers) is correct.
3) The Rebroadcast Server entry window has same problem with the Port, Max Message age and Idle timeout.

I will naively suggest, as a non-programmer, that these could be fixed by making the entry boxes left justified.

I hope this helps!

agw

Post by agw » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:04 am

Rick wrote:these could be fixed by making the entry boxes left justified.
Yes, but then they wouldn't be lined up properly :P

I had noticed that some versions of Mono's WinForms were drawing the spinner over the last few digits. I was kind of hoping they'd just fix it. But yes, I'll add the code to left-justify the numeric controls when running under Mono.

hamjpb

Post by hamjpb » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:37 pm

avioradar wrote:PROBLEM: new ver. of VRS stops receiving messages from FR24 boxes (connected)
Have to restart feed manually
Hello to all
I am very new on this forum.
I am searching exactely the same message (and solution) as I meet the same bug.
The server computer is a windows XP . no plugins on vrs.
The receiver on a remote location is a FR24 one.

but, as same as you, I have to restart the feed. Sometimes after 10min or 2 hours...
On the client computer the map is OK with aircrafts, and suddently just the map...
I tried with rebroadcast server, same issue.
I can see the datas comming from the receiver ( ports 30003 and 30334 ) but not from VRS
I am sure about my lan.

http://adsb87DOTdyndnsDOTorg:8773/virtu ... ktop.html# of course, replace DOT by .
(rebroadcast on port 8774)

Regards from France !
JPh

agw

Post by agw » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:12 pm

It sounds like the connection is being held open and something is replying to the heartbeat packets, but no data is flowing.

You can tell VRS to give up trying to use keep-alive packets if they're not working, and to use an idle timeout instead. Go to Tools | Options, click on the receiver and remove the tick against Send keep-alive packets. After that VRS will drop the connection and reconnect automatically if no data is seen for <Idle timeout> seconds.

hamjpb

Post by hamjpb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Hello AGW,
thanks !
I just came back to write that I found the solution yesterday, and the solution is ... what you wrote :)
I love VRS !
I also love ModeSdeco2 ... because on the tab "chart" you can see lot of datas and the rate ( Msg/sec) which is very helpfull to tune antenna and antenna location.

Regards from France

http://adsb87.dyndns.org:8773/virtualradar/desktop.html

hamjpb

Post by hamjpb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello AGW,
thanks !
I just came back to write that I found the solution yesterday, and the solution is ... what you wrote :)
I love VRS !
I also love ModeSdeco2 ... because on the tab "chart" you can see lot of datas and the rate ( Msg/sec) which is very helpfull to tune antenna and antenna location.

Regards from France

http://adsb87.dyndns.org:8773/virtualradar/desktop.html