Bugs in 2.1.0

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Re: Bugs in 2.1.0

Post by agw » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:21 am

gariac wrote:Spoke too soon. I'm still getting this error message, though the program seems to work ok. I'm on opensuse 64 bit 13.1.

Code: Select all

/tmp/47d9e93d/6a186dd3.cs(2997,61) : error CS0021: Cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type `VirtualRadar.Interface.PortableBinding.NotifyList<string>'
/tmp/47d9e93d/6a186dd3.cs(2999,25) : error CS0012: The type `System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1<T>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly `WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
WindowsBase is already referenced in everything that needs to reference it. The message itself seems to imply that some code is being compiled on the fly. I don't do that myself but I the default implementation of some of the .NET classes that I use (specifically the one that loads and saves XML) will generate temporary classes and compile them - I'm wondering if maybe that's involved. It would be useful if you could have a look and see if the temporary .cs file that the error message refers to (/tmp/47d9e93d/6a186dd3.cs in this case) is still on the disk the next time this happens - if it is then if you could send me a copy of it then I can take a look and hopefully get a better idea of what's causing it. Also if you could let me know which version of mono you have installed then that could be handy.

agw

Post by agw » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:26 am

avioradar wrote:PROBLEM: new ver. of VRS stops receiving messages from FR24 boxes (connected)
Have to restart feed manually
I added better logging of the connections in 2.1.0 - if you notice that the feed dies then if you go into Tools | Option Connection Activity Log it should show you what happened on the receiver. It should also give you some clue as to why it closed the connection.

If you're saying that the feed remained connected but nothing was being received then you can now configure receivers to automatically reconnect if nothing is received for so-many seconds. It's in Tools | Options | Receivers, select the receiver, remove the tick against "Send keep-alive packets" and fill in the number of seconds of idle time that you want it to reconnect after.

agw

Post by agw » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:30 am

dimbel wrote:Numbers in various textboxes on the Options screen are not visible in Linux version, e.g. Raw Feed Decoding properties/receiver range. It looks like the 2 last digits get hidden behind the up/down arrows in the boxes.
The positioning of text within the numeric up/down controls is out of my hands, it's down to the version of mono that you have installed. I am planning on adding the ability to run mono without any GUI and to be able to use a web browser to configure it instead. That's going to be a little way off though.

dimbel

Post by dimbel » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:52 am

Hi Jon / agw

I just upgraded to Mono 3.10. Running Lubuntu 14.04. Situation remains the same. As I still have a glitch in my VNC start script, when I reboot the server, I'll loose connection to it (and I'm at work now).

Any suggestion on a version to try. If it doesn't work out, it is not a super big deal. I could edit the .xml if needed.

@agw: thanks for the update of sqlite: my db queries are now working much better, no more locks so far.

//Bart

lyndale

Post by lyndale » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:13 am

I particularly like the ability to save settings, thank you.

That said, it seems that -#global#-Localise locale setting is not being honoured when I load the web page.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

TIA

agw

Post by agw » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 am

dimbel wrote:Any suggestion on a version to try. If it doesn't work out, it is not a super big deal. I could edit the .xml if needed.
I generally just use vanilla Ubuntu in a VM when I'm testing. I've done a headless version of VRS, one that can be run without a GUI (other than the console). That version won't let you edit the options, but when I finally get around to doing the web admin plugin you should be able to run VRS without having to put up with WinForms glitches.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:20 am

lyndale wrote:That said, it seems that -#global#-Localise locale setting is not being honoured when I load the web page.
I did that on purpose - there are a couple of settings that are ignored when exported settings are used as the default for the entire website, one of them is the locale and the other is the selected receiver. The locale is ignored because the visitor might be using a different language to you, by ignoring the locale it lets the site use the visitor's locale (although that can be a bit hit'n'miss, depends on the browser that the visitor is using). The default receiver is ignored because it makes it harder to copy exported settings between different installations of VRS, and there's already an options setting to configure the default website feed.

You can configure which settings are ignored with the custom content plugin and a new set of global options (which I've not yet added to the documentation):

VRS.globalOptions.serverConfigIgnoreSplitters (default false) - don't load the splitter positions from the saved settings
VRS.globalOptions.serverConfigIgnoreLanguage (default true) - don't load the locale from the saved settings
VRS.globalOptions.serverConfigIgnoreRequestFeedId (default true) - don't load the request feed ID from the saved settings

Those only apply to the defaulting of a new visitor's settings. When you import settings via the settings page those switches have no effect, you have a bunch of checkboxes instead to let you control what gets imported.

jfm

Post by jfm » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:03 am

You can try uninstalling 3.2.1 and installing 2.10.9 instead and seeing if that helps.
No luck with this. Here is the -v output, if that helps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83734255/vrs.txt

gariac

Post by gariac » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:25 am

agw wrote:
gariac wrote:Spoke too soon. I'm still getting this error message, though the program seems to work ok. I'm on opensuse 64 bit 13.1.

/tmp/47d9e93d/6a186dd3.cs(2997,61) : error CS0021: Cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type `VirtualRadar.Interface.PortableBinding.NotifyList<string>'
/tmp/47d9e93d/6a186dd3.cs(2999,25) : error CS0012: The type `System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1<T>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly `WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
WindowsBase is already referenced in everything that needs to reference it. The message itself seems to imply that some code is being compiled on the fly. I don't do that myself but I the default implementation of some of the .NET classes that I use (specifically the one that loads and saves XML) will generate temporary classes and compile them - I'm wondering if maybe that's involved. It would be useful if you could have a look and see if the temporary .cs file that the error message refers to (/tmp/47d9e93d/6a186dd3.cs in this case) is still on the disk the next time this happens - if it is then if you could send me a copy of it then I can take a look and hopefully get a better idea of what's causing it. Also if you could let me know which version of mono you have installed then that could be handy.

/tmp/5699478f/ef1a4b0.cs(2997,61) : error CS0021: Cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type `VirtualRadar.Interface.PortableBinding.NotifyList<string>'
/tmp/5699478f/ef1a4b0.cs(2999,25) : error CS0012: The type `System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1<T>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly `WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
My version of mono is 3.0.6-3.1.3.

Is the 5699478f directory hidden? I don't see it from Dolphin or just doing a ls in a terminal.

gariac

Post by gariac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:13 am

Does this new version of VRS have the same restriction that you can't run it on a PC running basestation? I have a win 7 atom that runs basestation, but it would like to run VRS on it as well and just get around all these mono issues.