Newbie question (Firefox)

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
ivan.sorocaba

Newbie question (Firefox)

Post by ivan.sorocaba » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:47 am

Hello!

I am running ADSB# and VRS and even downloading the airline logos and the .sqb file (and point to the correct folder under VRS/Options), when I open the internet page I just can see hex text. Why? How can I solve this problem?

This problem is driving me crazy!

Please see the attached picture. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Sem título.png
Sem título.png (9 KiB) Viewed 1459 times

Bro

Re: Newbie question (Firefox)

Post by Bro » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:13 pm

The port your viewing looks wrong to me..
try

192.168.1.4:8081/VirtualRadar/

so thats port 8081 and a capital V and R

edit..
or the above withOUT capital V and R .. it depends if server is on linux or not .... i think

agw

Re: Newbie question (Firefox)

Post by agw » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:15 pm

The *<large hex number>;" lines are AVR format messages - what you are seeing is the output from a receiver. Port 47806 is the default port for ADSBSharp, so you are probably just connecting directly to ADSBSharp from your browser, instead of connecting to VRS :)

The main window for VRS has two drop-down boxes in the middle of it and a hyperlink next to them. Clicking the link opens a web browser on one of the pages that VRS generates for you. You just need to use those two dropdown boxes to choose which page to display a link for. If you leave them at the default of "Show local address" and "Default Version" then that should be fine for browsers running on the same PC as VRS. If you want to know the address to use from other machines on the network change "Show local address" to "Show network address" and use the address that it shows you. The link will probably look similar to the one you used except the :47806 bit will either not be there at all or it'll be a different number, depending on the web server port you asked for when you installed the program.