Database writer plugin shut down.

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
trabin

Database writer plugin shut down.

Post by trabin » Sat May 23, 2015 1:10 pm

I have today a second time when this plugin stop writing plane :/ First time has been about 2 month ago.
Virtualradar start 9:26 and database writer only 4 minutes and stop :/

agw

Re: Database writer plugin shut down.

Post by agw » Sat May 23, 2015 4:08 pm

If you have a look in the plugins list does it say why it stopped?

trabin

Post by trabin » Sat May 23, 2015 4:55 pm

I don't know. When I rebooted program everything's gonna be alright.

agw

Post by agw » Sat May 23, 2015 6:14 pm

If it happens again go into Tools | Plugins and see what it says on the database writer panel. It should give an explanation as to why it stopped writing to the database. The most likely reason is that it encountered an exception when it tried to read from or write to the database. If the exception was a lock exception then that's a known problem and will be fixed in the next version. If it's another kind of exception then it could indicate a more serious problem, you'll have to let me know what the exception is.

If it was an exception that caused it to stop writing then it should have written details about it in the log file, you could try taking a look in there (Tools | Open VirtualRadarLog.txt) and seeing if that's the case.

trabin

Post by trabin » Sat May 23, 2015 6:32 pm

[2015-05-23 07:31:45.045 UTC] [t15] Database writer plugin caught exception on message processing: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: disk I/O error
disk I/O error
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
w System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
w VirtualRadar.Database.SQLiteExecute.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReader>b__3()
w VirtualRadar.Database.SQLiteExecute.CallActionUntilUnlocked(Action action)
w VirtualRadar.Database.SQLiteExecute.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand command)
w VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.FlightsTable.GetById(IDbConnection connection, IDbTransaction transaction, TextWriter log, Int32 id)
w VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.GetFlightById(Int32 id)
w VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.Plugin.TrackFlight(BaseStationMessage message)
w VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.Plugin.MessageQueue_MessageReceived(BaseStationMessageEventArgs args)
[2015-05-23 07:31:45.089 UTC] [t5] Caught an exception on a fast tick heartbeat event: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: disk I/O error
disk I/O error
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
w System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
w System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
w VirtualRadar.Database.SQLiteExecute.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReader>b__3()
w VirtualRadar.Database.SQLiteExecute.CallActionUntilUnlocked(Action action)
w VirtualRadar.Database.SQLiteExecute.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand command)
w VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.AircraftTable.GetManyAircraftAndFlightsByIcao(IDbConnection connection, IDbTransaction transaction, TextWriter log, IEnumerable`1 icao24s)
w VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.GetManyAircraftAndFlightsCountByCode(IEnumerable`1 icao24s)
w VirtualRadar.Library.AircraftDetailFetcher.DoFetchManyAircraft(IEnumerable`1 fetchedDetails)
w VirtualRadar.Interface.AircraftFetcher`2.FetchAllAircraft(IEnumerable`1 fetchedDetails)
w VirtualRadar.Interface.AircraftFetcher`2.Heartbeat_FastTimerTicked(Object sender, EventArgs args)
w VirtualRadar.Library.HeartbeatService.OnFastTick(EventArgs args)

agw

Post by agw » Sat May 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Disk I/O error sounds alarming but it usually just means that the database has been corrupted. If you're running Windows then I have a small utility that can fix the usual kinds of corruptions. If you want to give it a try then download and install this:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Fil ... rSetup.exe

and then shut down VRS and anything else that might be using BaseStation.sqb. Once you're sure that nothing is touching BaseStation.sqb make a backup copy of it (just copy it to the desktop) and then run SQLite File Repair from the Start menu.

Click the "..." button and point it at your BaseStation.exe. Then click Check. If it reports a problem, which hopefully it will, click the Repair button. Then click Check again to make sure the new file is alright.

trabin

Post by trabin » Sat May 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Ok, thank you very much