No MLAT on Merge Feed

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
ricreig

No MLAT on Merge Feed

Post by ricreig » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi, i got several feeds connected to my VRS and a Merge Feed to see them all in the Website, but i cant see some MLAT planes on the Merge, but if i change the receiver to a single one the MLAT planes suddently appear and if i came back to Merge they dissapear.

i cant figure it out why? the mlat results are send via de 30005 port from a Piaware receiver so the VRS cant tell if is a MLAT or a ADSB.

A little help?

ricreig

Re: No MLAT on Merge Feed

Post by ricreig » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Anyone??

agw

Post by agw » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:03 pm

In Tools | Options | Merged Feeds | <Name of your feed> you should have a list of receivers and under the list should be a checkbox named MLAT. Select the MLAT feed in the list of receivers and then tick the MLAT box.

Ticking the box gives priority to position updates from the MLAT receiver when the aircraft on the MLAT feed are also present on another feed.

dsfh2992

Post by dsfh2992 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:25 pm

So, if the MLAT box is not checked, and you're getting only mode S positionless from one feeder, and a full MLAT position from another feeder, the positionless data might be given priority?

What if you don't know which feeds will be sending you MLAT?

agw

Post by agw » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:41 pm

If your MLAT feeds are based on Oliver Jowett's MLAT server/client code then you should be able to configure the software that is generating the feed so that it marks the messages that are generated MLAT positions (I don't know the details of the clients, but Oliver built that into both the BaseStation and Beast format output - IIRC the BaseStation format version is called something like Extended or Expanded BaseStation format?). If those markers are present on the messages then VRS should recognise them as MLAT and prefer positions in those messages.