Bugs in 2.3.0

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Bugs in 2.3.0

Post by agw » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:13 pm

All of the JavaScript was ported to TypeScript, wouldn't surprise me if there was a problem lurking in there - let me know here if you find anything :)

dsfh2992

Re: Bugs in 2.3.0

Post by dsfh2992 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Where are the strings that used to be defined in ../script/i18n/strings.en.js now located?

Thanks,
Dan

agw

Post by agw » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:19 am

They're still in strings.en.js but they're injected dynamically when you request the file. The strings that get injected are all of the entries in WebSitestrings[.xx-yy].resx. I moved them to resx files to make it easier to translate and to support replacing the web site translations via the language pack.

If you want to read the strings from code then you just need to read the RESX, which is an XML file with a very simple schema. There's an example of reading the RESX file in the $/VirtualRadar.WebSite/Site/typings/translations.tt T4 template. Basically you just need to pick out the nodes directly under root with a name of "data".

If you include the strings.en.js file in your web page then there's no change, by the time the browser sees it all of the strings in the RESX file will have been injected into it.

paradiselost

Re: Bugs in 2.3.0--Report Pages

Post by paradiselost » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:22 am

If you configure the details to show build date in the site details and also configure build date in free form report, build date shows on the site details but is iffy on the reports page.

The hot linked options shown on the reports display section when a row is selected in the report detail works fine but when the rows are scrolled the map and display area go off the page. Perhaps if the tool bar with Fetch on it had radio buttons for the links now shown in the display area and floated when the rows are scrolled it would be easier to edit what ever is missing.

If I recall correctly, dhtml had routines to allow stuff to float.

paradiselost
Working Example of Version 2 Beta Virtual Radar Server http://dgteflyovers.ddns.net/virtualradar/
VRS 2 Help Files http://dgteflyovers.ddns.net:8080

agw

Post by agw » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:47 pm

The map, rows and display panel should be in separate splitters. Scrolling the rows should not cause the map and display panel to scroll off the screen.

If you have custom scripts then try running the site with the custom content plugin disabled and see if you get the same issue.