Bugs in 1.2.0

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by agw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 am

If you find any then this is the place to report them. Fire away :)

GaryG
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by GaryG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:16 am

Hi Andrew

You have been busy :-)

WestJet (WJA) still appears to not show route info. Can't confirm (yet) if the route is in the database file.
Example: C-GWSJ C0809E 502 (Number only, should be WS502 of course). This is a CYYJ-CYYC flight.
I haven't seen an Alaska Airlines flight yet but assuming it will still fail to show the route as well.

A database browser might be a nice tool for further analysis by 'we, the users'. ;-)

Other than that, no problems seen.

GaryG

agw
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by agw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:47 am

The CSV files are still being compiled, you can download them from the site if you want to look up what went into the database. The same program that compiles the CSVs compiles the SQB.

WS502 is in there - what do you have in the database for OperatorCode for the aircraft?

GaryG
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by GaryG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:49 am

Hi Andrew,

In the Directory with the "old" and "new" data, the only "old" file left is the LocalFlightNumbers.csv file. The only csv files now are the LocalFlightNumbers and FlightNumberCoverage, I assume the others were deleted by the installer.

It looks like the only data files I have now are the two sqb files (the LocalFlightNumbers no longer being functional).

I'll try to do some poking around in the StandingData file to see if I can figure out why the lookup isn't happening (assuming it's a database problem).

GaryG

GaryG
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by GaryG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:51 am

Hi Andrew

Long time away from SQL but...

An example "should" have worked with the data I "looked up" with sqllite3.

Operator Code WJA (letters in the line of the visible tag) indicates ID = 5400
CallSign was the number 508 (no letters)
5400 and 508 as search keys into the route table
Route 130190 5400 508 from 183 to 177
183 is Victoria, 177 is Calgary

All correct yet no route info is being displayed. My thinking is a logic or parsing problem when creating the lookups.

By the way, just in case - I did do a reboot and the server version is 1.2.0.39247

GaryG

agw
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by agw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am

GaryG wrote:I assume the others were deleted by the installer
Yes, the installer deletes the standing data CSV files. They're still available for download from the site if you don't want to use SQL, they're on the Routes page.

There's a view you can use to look up basic route details (no stopovers):

Code: Select all

select * from routeview where operatoricao = 'WJA' and flightnumber = '508';
I'm wondering whether the callsign has garbage at the start of it that I'm stripping out before it gets displayed. The lookup with an operator code only happens if the first character of the callsign is a digit. Would it be possible to put your feed onto the Internet for a bit and to PM or email me the address and port number? Then I could take a look and see what's going on.

jimjack
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by jimjack » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi,

first - VRS is a ecxellent tool and runs under Linux (Debian) very well!

I think there is a little bug in the new version.
In the VRS website a can select under options in the "Aircraft" tab the Aircraft labes 1...3 as in version V1.1.2.
But when a select the labels altitude and speed there is nothing to see in the website. All other labels are ok.

Sory for my bad english.

With best regards
jimjack

agw
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by agw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:56 pm

jimjack wrote:I think there is a little bug in the new version.
You're right, thanks for letting me know - it'll be fixed in the next version.

agw
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by agw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 pm

GaryG wrote:WestJet (WJA) still appears to not show route info. Can't confirm (yet) if the route is in the database file.
Example: C-GWSJ C0809E 502 (Number only, should be WS502 of course). This is a CYYJ-CYYC flight.
I've gotten to the bottom of this - it will work occasionally, but only if you're lucky. It'll be fixed in the next release.

jimjack
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Re: Bugs in 1.2.0

Post by jimjack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:18 am

agw wrote:You're right, thanks for letting me know - it'll be fixed in the next version.
Thanks for your answer. :-)

Regards,
jimjack

Locked