Distinguish between ADS-B and MLAT on map

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
kappy1

Distinguish between ADS-B and MLAT on map

Post by kappy1 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:42 am

Would like to be able to distinguish between ADS-B and MLAT aircraft on the map. Maybe a different color.

Sentry_e3

Re: Distinguish between ADS-B and MLAT on map

Post by Sentry_e3 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:11 am

That's a good idea :) adding an opion to activate it would be nice

rdjsb

Post by rdjsb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:05 pm

That's an option I also like to see.
:D

phelps

Post by phelps » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:08 pm

+1

Thanks for all the hard work -- I hope this one is easy to implement, because it would get a lot of goodwill for the work. (I thought of trying to do this with a plugin, but realized that I know just enough about coding to know how hard it is and that I suck at it.)

agw

Post by agw » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 pm

It's not easy to implement as things stand because the marker images are just bitmap images. They have colour embedded within them, changing the colour is not straight-forward.

However, I have a branch in Github for using SVG vector graphics for the marker images, and for the most part that seems to be running alright (there is a glitch with the infinity symbol in routes that needs to be worked out and the SVG markers aren't working in Microsoft browsers, but other than that it's working). The text doesn't look as good but it's better than the text on the Linux map marker version. The useful thing about the vector image version is that you can easily change the fill colour for the markers, so if it does end up in the program then it'll make changing the colour on markers a lot easier to pull off.