Thickbox for receivers.

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
konrad_es

Thickbox for receivers.

Post by konrad_es » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi,

It's my first post on this forum so firstable I'd like to say Hello.
I have small suggestion and new option for multi-receiver users. Because I have few receivers in different localisations sometimes I'd like to see informations from few of them same time (to expand range and accuracy).
It would be great if there will be option to select few receivers and get information at one screen in same time.

I was looking for such option or possibility but I can't find this, so if there is any please tell me how to do it.

Regards,
Konrad
Private Pilot
Boeing 737NG lover

mgunther

Re: Thickbox for receivers.

Post by mgunther » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:57 am

Hi Konrad,

What you can do is to set up 'Merged' feeds. You can set up as many as you need and in any required combination of your existing receivers. These merged feeds will then be available as receivers on your VRS map dispaly.

Regards,
Marcus

Chriso

Post by Chriso » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:50 am

mgunther wrote: What you can do is to set up 'Merged' feeds.
But as more than 100 receiver, and each time we want to see different receivers connected to the problem is to set each time Mergeed feed.

mgunther

Post by mgunther » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:01 am

Ok, understand. This would be a suggestion for the developer (agw) then.

agw

Post by agw » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:58 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for, but if you're asking for the ability to select multiple receivers and show all of the aircraft from those receiver on a single map then, as mgunther says, merged feeds are the only way to do that.

mgunther

Post by mgunther » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:19 am

I think he wants an option for the user to select a number of different receivers "on the fly". Requirements of which receivers should be shown will vary each time and therefore it is not practical to pre-define merged receivers on the backend.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:31 am

Internally VRS would need to create a merged feed to handle the merging of the various receivers and then that temporary merged feed would need to be tied to the web page of the browser that asked for it so that it can be destroyed when they close the browser.

An alternative would be to install the web admin plugin, create a merged feed and then just go in and tick off the receivers that you want to see in it when the need arises.

Chriso

Post by Chriso » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:00 pm

agw wrote:Internally VRS would need to create a merged feed to handle the merging of the various receivers and then that temporary merged feed would need to be tied to the web page of the browser that asked for it so that it can be destroyed when they close the browser.
That would be a great option.