Support for Extended ADS-B Parameters

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
eastons

Support for Extended ADS-B Parameters

Post by eastons » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:41 pm

I was reading a thread about how, using the raw data from receivers, FR24 was able to access additional parameters such as the autopilot altitude set by the pilot for the Germanwings flight that crashed.

This was one amongst several new reporting parameters being transmitted that were introduced with the updated DO-260A and DO-260B revisions of ADS-B. Examples of other new parameters being transmitted include:

* Dimensions of the aircraft
* Intended heading of the aircraft
* Autopilot mode

Page 10 onwards of the document in the link below details all of the additional parameters that aircraft with upgraded ADS-B transmitters can now transmit:
http://www2010.icao.int/APAC/Meetings/2 ... O-260B.pdf

Are there any plans to add this additional information being transmitted by aircraft to VRS?

Thanks.

agw

Re: Support for Extended ADS-B Parameters

Post by agw » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:16 pm

The autopilot target altitude and heading are already reported by VRS. They only show up for ADSB v2 aircraft though.

olivermbs

Re: Support for Extended ADS-B Parameters

Post by olivermbs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Sorry to pull up an old thread, but...:

I notice that in PlanePlotter many more aircraft have the target altitude than in VRS, even though the data source is the same.

Is this perhaps not limited to purely ADSB v2?

Any way also to perhaps show squawk ident?

Many thanks and keep up the great job!

Oliver