Re: Database Plugin Saving Online Lookups

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
AbnormalChunks

Post by AbnormalChunks » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi, Just a quick question, The addition of saving online lookups into the database is excellent however can functionality be added where if the ModeS code produces a blank entry and the UserString1 value is set to Missing the plugin lookups the ModeS code again if that A/C is detected again? I have been doing this manually via PBlink but this is not ideal as I have VRS on Linux and PBlink is Windows only so I have to use another computer! I am concerned that overwriting the values everytime using the option available in the DB Writer Plugin options will cause bigger overheads/network traffic. Thanks Seb :)

agw

Post by agw » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:58 pm

It already does this. If it can't find any details for an aircraft then it'll do another lookup for it, but only if 24 hours have elapsed since the last lookup.

VRS's aircraft details lag behind PBLink's because I need to load the aircraft manually from PlaneBase's program. It takes forever and I'm too lazy to do it every day :) So you might see new aircraft appear in PBLink a couple of weeks before they show up in the aircraft lookup.

AbnormalChunks

Post by AbnormalChunks » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Great! Thanks once again for your patience... ;)