Cockpit view.

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
ve2cjw

Cockpit view.

Postby ve2cjw » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:07 am

There is a feature in Planeplotter which offers a view like the pilot sees from the plane. It simply uses Google Earth looking down. I would love to see this feature in Virtual Radar because frankly, it's the olnly interesting feature that would interest me in Planeplotter. I really prefer to use Virtual Radar because it's much simpler to install and use. I could never get Planeplotter to work and spent many hours doing it.

agw

Re: Cockpit view.

Postby agw » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:43 am

There already is a cockpit view in VRS but it's with Flight Simulator X rather than Google Earth.

I did intend to add a Google Earth cockpit view but once Google announced that they were shutting down the Google Earth API (https://developers.google.com/earth/) I dropped the idea. If Google resurrect the API then I'll put it back on the list.

xristostra86

Postby xristostra86 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Hello , Is there any update on this subject from 2016 ?

I think that will work with CESIUM Map Box software ( http://cesiumjs.org ) , as the FlightRadar24.com did

It offers a 3D view like the pilot seeing the aircraft. I think it would be awesome if you could add it into a next version :)

agw

Postby agw » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 pm

It looks interesting but it looks like the terrain layer is only free for use on public facing sites:

STK World Terrain: High-resolution, mesh-based terrain for the entire globe. Free for use on the Internet. Closed-network options are available.

I couldn't see any more detail about the closed network options though.

Return to “Feature Suggestions”