Are SVG icons coming back? Or how to colorize many icons now?

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
test123

Are SVG icons coming back? Or how to colorize many icons now?

Post by test123 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi,

with the new 2.4.1 version VRS.AircraftMarker.prototype.getSvgFillColour does not work anymore, and there's no mention of SVG in aircraftPlotter.ts anymore.
Are the SVG coming back once you had more time to adapt the code to Leaflet?

With the help of this post I could make the police helicopters blue and the ADAC helicopters yellow.

But with getSvgFillColour I also had purple interesting, olive military and orange "without registration" aircraft. If I wanted that again, I would need to colorize all the png files three times, and then unshift all of these into aircraftMarkers.

So - maybe the SVG icons are returning? Or maybe there's an easier way to colorize the icons?

Best regards...
Michael

agw

Re: Are SVG icons coming back? Or how to colorize many icons now?

Post by agw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

2.4 has never supported SVG markers. That was only present in the v3 previews.

I added Leaflet support to 2.4 first because (a) version 3 is not ready for release and (b) most users will be running 2.4 and not every 2.4 user will be able to run version 3. For some users 2.4 will be the last version of VRS that supports their OS or version of Mono. It is important that 2.4 continues to work when Google changes the pricing for Maps.

I will be porting Leaflet support to the version 3 previews later. The v3 installers are still available, just follow the link to them from the preview page.

test123

Post by test123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Oh, I got confused with the preview version numbering.

Thank you for this great program!

agw

Post by agw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:57 pm

That's a fair comment, it has gotten a bit confusing with version 3's previews calling themselves 2.4 :)