Develop free basestation.sqb

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
jfm

Re: Develop free basestation.sqb

Post by jfm » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:17 pm

13C wrote:
jfm wrote:I regularly load data from the FAA and Canadian official sources (and have automated quite a bit in terms of setting the operator flag and type codes). I'd be happy to share this as "base" data.
I'd be interested in this data for Canadian aircraft, I've made flags for several operators that don't show up (ie: WestJet), but I have little idea of how do edit the database file etc. As an example of my woeful computer skills, after several days of frustration, I just managed to get the database writer plug in to work. :lol: If there is any way I can add to your data let me know.
I can provide the data that I generate for Canada, but it'll take a bit of work on your part to get it into your database. I've written some custom SQL queries to merge it in, but they are specific to my setup.

jfm

Post by jfm » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Here is current Canadian data from the Canadian Civil Aircraft Register:

In SQL format

In CSV format

wizardpc

Post by wizardpc » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:55 pm

I realize that this is a fairly old thread, but....

I now have a working basestation.sqb that's prepopulated with all 313,621 FAA records for currently (Dec 17, 2014) registered aircraft :D

It's 254mb! It actually takes several seconds for the initial page to load now but once it does, I get all the data I'm looking for.

It was a rather tedious manual process, but my next step is to try to automate it all the way from getting the monthly .zip file from the FAA to updating the existing database without having to start from scratch and losing historical data.

ashton152000

Post by ashton152000 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi Wizard

I wondered if you minded sending me a copy of the SQB, i'm off to the states at the end of the month and it would be very handy to have the US aircraft populated.

Ian