MLAT

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
kallig

Re: MLAT

Post by kallig » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:31 am

I could also help with MLATS testing.

machsimum

Post by machsimum » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

I'm in the Med and have quite a good coverage (Sigonella incl)...anybody willing to share feeds?

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Guys, lets first focus on getting MLAT working within VRS, for this we first need agw dev. work, THEN we can start talking about sharing feeds etc.

So, dear agw, can you pretty please with sugar on top, have a look at MLAT ?

Cheers

agw

Post by agw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 pm

What I should have said was feed merging first, then smooth off the rough edges in version 2, then MLAT :)

Regarding sharing feeds, once I've implemented this - http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk ... sue/VRS-20 - then the intention is to set up an instance of VRS on one of the servers that's just used for sharing feeds. At the moment it can be a bit tricky to share feeds if any of the participants have a dynamic IP address.

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 pm

agw wrote:What I should have said was feed merging first, then smooth off the rough edges in version 2, then MLAT :)

Regarding sharing feeds, once I've implemented this - http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk ... sue/VRS-20 - then the intention is to set up an instance of VRS on one of the servers that's just used for sharing feeds. At the moment it can be a bit tricky to share feeds if any of the participants have a dynamic IP address.

Understood, thanks for your reply, as long as its on the list i'm a happy camper.

P.S. on the push rebroadcast server topic, I'm all for the authentication implementation

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Jester

Be patient for MLAT! My friend and I are working on an MLAT solution with specific regard to RPi dump1090 and RTL dongle set ups. Provided that we can have a raw data feed, I see no reason why the solution cannot be used for other receivers.

Although this is currently a standalone solution, we will make the code open source.

Andrew is being kept within the loop and I feel sure that at some point the MLAT solution will be included within VRS.

Please bear in mind that this is being done in our spare time and may take some time to fully implement. We will only release the code when it is ready for use.

If you wish to contribute please PM off list. As a general note, anyone within the UK running a Raspberry Pi and RTL setup using dump1090, we would like your feed in the near future. Again please PM off list.

Best wishes

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

Jester

Post by Jester » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks Jon.

loww

Post by loww » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Why does the acarsdeco2 show me Aircraft Tracks and VRS not?

Is there any Date when VRS Support MLAT for "internal Data" ?
I know some People in my Area the dont share for the Public.
:!: :!: :!: I search for People who want exchange VRS Data. I life near LOWW and i have a huge Coverage and multiple Receiver. :!: :!: :!:

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:58 pm

It is unlikly that VRS will ever have MLAT built in. There is a standalone solution now that works well with VRS. See here: https://github.com/mutability?tab=repositories

MLAT will almost certainly need to be by country due to the amount of feeds required, as well as closed group due to the sensitive nature of the data.

Nigel over at VRS world is always looking for new feeds, perhaps drop him a line...

Best wishes

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

loww

Post by loww » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Nigel over at VRS world is always looking for new feeds, perhaps drop him a line...
I think he have my Server into his Database.

How can i see MLAT Peaks in SDR#?
I know where the civil Radar are in Austria but i cant see any Peak.
(Which Radar use 10X0? Airport or the Big on the Moutain?)
:!: :!: :!: I search for People who want exchange VRS Data. I life near LOWW and i have a huge Coverage and multiple Receiver. :!: :!: :!: