Range Rings/Polar Plot

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
DRL

Range Rings/Polar Plot

Post by DRL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:10 am

Firstly - congrats on a superb piece of software!

My suggestions are:

- Option to superimpose range rings.
- Option to have a polar plot feature.

Best regards,
D.

agw

Re: Range Rings/Polar Plot

Post by agw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Sorry, forgot to reply to this - range rings will be in the next version. Not polar plots though (I presume you're talking about a polar plot of the points where you can receive aircraft at various altitudes?). Way off in the future when the "record everything about the flight" plugin gets done then that would be the time to implement polar plots.

DRL

Post by DRL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:41 am

agw wrote:Sorry, forgot to reply to this - range rings will be in the next version. Not polar plots though (I presume you're talking about a polar plot of the points where you can receive aircraft at various altitudes?). Way off in the future when the "record everything about the flight" plugin gets done then that would be the time to implement polar plots.
Thanks agw, looking forward to the range rings :-) About the polar plot, I may have used the wrong terminology, I was envisioning a simplistic plotter that basically (over a period of time) would show distances achieved - based on provided home coordinates - and the direction, a simple way to plot antenna performance/characteristics. Probably like a built in SBSPlotter type feature.

But in any event - with or without these suggestions--VR is a beautiful thing!!!

onegin

Post by onegin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:51 am

It's been a few months, I am wondering if this did get into v2? I see in settings-> options -> general "Radar Circles" but when I turn them on nothing seems to happen?? What am I missing?
Great software btw, i am very impressed.

-Nikita

agw

Post by agw » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:15 pm

It did get into version 2 - by default the range circles are quite widely spaced apart, if you zoom out a bit you should see them. You can configure the distance between each circle in the site's options.

onegin

Post by onegin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 am

With v2.0.2 looks like polar rings are in too? How can I enable them on my receiver options??

agw

Post by agw » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:09 am

If you take a look at this sticky it should hopefully answer all questions :)

http://forum.virtualradarserver.co.uk/v ... ?f=1&t=353

onegin

Post by onegin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 am

Absolutely amazing. Love your software. Thank you! Now if I can only let go of plane plotter and its convenient MLAT sharing... my local skies would be complete :)

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:29 pm

onegin wrote:Absolutely amazing. Love your software. Thank you! Now if I can only let go of plane plotter and its convenient MLAT sharing... my local skies would be complete :)
Bear with us, we are working on an MLAT solution. It is being done in spare time but it is coming... :shock: 8-) :shock:

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.