Airframes.org ICAO Lookup on Unknown Aircraft

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
vrfeeder

Airframes.org ICAO Lookup on Unknown Aircraft

Post by vrfeeder » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi there,

I am new to VRS but really enjoy using it.
Just wondering - on unknown aircraft wouldn't it be possible to supply a link in the aircraft details to automatically look up the ICAO 24 bit address at airframes.org? Similar to the link on known aircraft but with the ICAO-24 bit address instead of the reg?

Thanks for considering and the good work!
W.

agw

Re: Airframes.org ICAO Lookup on Unknown Aircraft

Post by agw » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 am

I'd like to be able to do that, but unfortunately I could only find a link to registrations on airframes.org - if you want to view an ICAO then you have to go through their form. I could fake a form submission but I'm not sure how happy they'd be about that.

Jester

Post by Jester » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:52 pm

As airframes.org seems to have a "no automated searches" rule (see below, and a bit hypocrite as its using other databases in its own search but ok)
http://www.airframes.org/nobots.php

Another option is libhomeradar:

http://www.libhomeradar.org/api/index.php

agw

Post by agw » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 pm

libhomeradar seems to be doing the same sort of thing as airframes.org - the search is done server-side, there's no URL where you can specify the ICAO via query string parameters and get a result back. Not that I can see anyway.

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:19 pm

agw wrote:libhomeradar seems to be doing the same sort of thing as airframes.org - the search is done server-side, there's no URL where you can specify the ICAO via query string parameters and get a result back. Not that I can see anyway.
Try the mobile version and look at the source ;)