Receiver used in reporting

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
Jester

Receiver used in reporting

Post by Jester » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 am

Would it be possible to add the receiver used field in reports ?

So when you run a report and select the aircraft it indicates which receiver was used.

Thanks

jonfear

Re: Receiver used in reporting

Post by jonfear » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Jester wrote:Would it be possible to add the receiver used field in reports ?

So when you run a report and select the aircraft it indicates which receiver was used.

Thanks
Andrew

+1 from me on this. It would be useful in tracking errors. I have noted some flights getting corrupt hex codes against flight numbers. This would really good for error trapping, especially when there are multiple feeds.

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

agw

Re: Receiver used in reporting

Post by agw » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 pm

The reports are just reporting records from BaseStation.sqb. Kinetic doesn't support feed merging and they don't have a field on the flights table for recording feed names or identifiers. I could add a couple of fields but if I do then there's a chance that it'll break some other third party utility. So no, it's not going to happen for reports that come out of BaseStation.sqb.

When the "record everything" plugin gets written it'll be using my own database schema and reports running from that will be able to show the receiver. That's a ways off yet though :)