.out and .wpt file support?

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
kallig

.out and .wpt file support?

Postby kallig » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:38 pm

I just installed 2.0.2. It is fantastuc I love the range Plots and the image linking.
Since you are already plotting lines on the map, Is there something standing in the way of allowing users to enable
custom outlines (Airspace sectors etc) and/or waypoint pins?

agw

Re: .out and .wpt file support?

Postby agw » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:16 am

It's on the list :)

RoSi

Postby RoSi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:09 am

Really, really looking forward to this, .. it will come close to real "radar view".

n7uv

Postby n7uv » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Good day -

I have been using VRS for the past year, and it's awesome! Thank you so much for creating it. I have currently two ADS-B receivers here in the Phoenix (AZ) area, and both go to VRS. I hope to add another few sites over the next months. A link to VRS is at my website

jonadams.com

I too would love to be able to plot waypoints and other navaids on the chart, or at least to make it user-selectable. There are reporting points, waypoints, VOR and VORTACs, markers (at least a few remaining), fields, etc., so there's plenty of stuff. I also have 3 scanners running Albuquerque Center, area ATC, and PHX airports, and may end up sharing all that as well. Would be nice to be able to advertise that on my VRS instance.

Again, thanks for a great addition to the hobby!

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

MK2wx

Postby MK2wx » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am

OK, it can at first seem to be a right faff, to make them, but I like being able to make a list of airfields I want to see!

I'm seldom happier than to see my list show up on the map as I compile and add to it.

It makes your map truly yours, and that counts for a lot.

It would be nice if we could define our own graphic to go with it, just a dot to many, but if it's your own dot, then it's quite rewarding once placed. One marker of our own devising is all it needs. Some would like to produce a circle, and others perhaps a cross hair, or a box even, but at least you get the fun of being part of the making of it all.

It seems probable that one might need another small image for DME/VOR, perhaps a type might be required so that it's quite widely useful as a system.
Cheers,
Ian

Return to “Feature Suggestions”