Registration Override for Flags

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
CharlieAlpha

Registration Override for Flags

Post by CharlieAlpha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Andrew

I saw in another thread that you intend to disable the registration override for operator flag code and silhouettes in the next release because of a potential clash when the registration matches the ICAO Type code causing an incorrect silhouette to be displayed.

Can I make a request that you make the override a configurable item so users can choose to enable or disable it?

I am not sure how much other people use them but I have quite a few registration-named bmps for flag icons (haven't used them for silhouettes). I could rename them all to modeS hex codes but it would be a lot of work. I had a quick look at my basestation file and only found 1 entry where a registration matched an ICAO Type. I'd be prepared to risk the odd incorrect silhouette file to retain the registration override but accept other people might not.

A configuration item would seem an acceptable way to provide flexibility and keep everyone happy. Maybe other forum users can use this thread to give their thoughts before you disable the feature or implement a configuration item, if it's possible.

Thanks

Charlie

agw

Re: Registration Override for Flags

Post by agw » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:32 am

I can make it a global option in the JavaScript, then you can use the custom content plugin to tell it to send registrations as well as ICAOs. I'll default it to be turned off though as that's the safest state.

Joolde

Post by Joolde » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Is this option already implemented? Because I am using the beta version right now, and I really would like to get the override working again, but I can't find the global option value right now.

Jordy

agw

Post by agw » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:13 am

Yes, it's implemented. You can tell the site to send the registration for flags & silhouettes with the VRS.globalOptions.aircraftAllowRegistrationFlagOverride option - set it to true to send registrations.