Different aircrafts icon size

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
andrew

Different aircrafts icon size

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi,

Would it be possible to have different icon size based on "Wake Turbulence" field?
So smaller for "Light", normal for "Medium" and larger for "Heavy".
In this way you can spot the type of aircraft on the map.

Thank you!

agw

Re: Different aircrafts icon size

Post by agw » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 am

A bit like FR24? Yes, although there are a couple of problems. The first is that the WTC isn't known for all aircraft, so it's not always going to be accurate. The second and more difficult problem is that I am the world's most inept artist ever. It took me about half a dozen goes and a considerable amount of time to come up with the marker I've got now, I'm in no hurry to go through that again another three times :)

However, that icon has to bite the bullet sometime because it's a bitmap, it doesn't render nicely on high DPI devices. Once I've steeled myself for the ordeal I will be doing vector versions of the airplane marker. One day. Although instead of just rendering the same icon at three sizes I was thinking more of a Cessna 152 planform for light aircraft, maybe an A320 planform for medium weight and probably a B747 or an A380 planform for heavy. There probably wouldn't be a huge difference in size between them. I'm hoping planforms might not be too bad to do in Inkscape, I could just trace the outline from a photo.

andrew

Post by andrew » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:06 am

I can try to draw them... Which format would be good for you? .eps?

andrew

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Just downloaded version 2.2: new icons look great!
Thank you!

trabin

Post by trabin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 am

Can you add icon for AN225?