Skyvector.com Maps

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
shish0r

Skyvector.com Maps

Post by shish0r » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Having come across the skyvector.com flight planning site, their mapping information is great and 'appears' easily accessible via the web. Is there any way VRS could have the option to display this as the background map as an alternative to google maps?

I guess there are two parts to this, technical implementation and rights management?

Cheers

Andy J.

agw

Re: Skyvector.com Maps

Post by agw » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:09 pm

You're right, it would be REALLY nice to have SkyVector maps as an alternative to Google Maps. Unfortunately SkyVector don't publish a JavaScript API so there's nothing I can do there. If they ever do publish an API then I'd definitely be up for adding support for it to VRS.

jonfear

Re: Skyvector.com Maps

Post by jonfear » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:46 am

All

Direct from the source:
We only allow this sort of integration under a paying license agreement. If you would like more details, please contact us at info@skyvector.com to discuss details.
So it looks like a no-go...

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.