Multiple Sources

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
rtou

Multiple Sources

Post by rtou » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 pm

It would be very cool if VRS supports multiple sources e.g. a local receiver via serial and network-stream or two network-streams :D

RadarSpotters.eu

Re: Multiple Sources

Post by RadarSpotters.eu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:33 pm

That would indeed be a great feature.It would allow persons to band together to create their own networks similar to radarbox24, planefinder etc... I discussed this briefly with Andrew a while back.I can send data from 3 receivers if you should need test traffic in the future.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:19 am

It has indeed been a much requested feature. Having multiple listeners and merging the feeds together isn't a problem, the bit where I think it'll get difficult is stopping the aircraft from jumping about when one feed is lagging behind the other. I will do it, it's just finding the time to get it done. It's on the list :)

RadarSpotters.eu

Post by RadarSpotters.eu » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 am

Just a friendly bump. I've access to a couple of receivers throughout Ireland that I would like to plot on a single webpage so if you need data for testing I can assist. :D

agw

Post by agw » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 am

It's going to get done soonish :)

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:08 am

I came across this thread searching for multiple receiver support. I am running a receiver at home on the north shore of Long Island and a receiver at work on the south shore of Long Island. Due to a high ridge that runs along the northern side of Long Island, the two receivers get different pictures of the island. Being able to merge the two views into one screen would be great. I would have substantial coverage of the Long Island area being able to merge the two receivers. I am looking forward to the enhancement.

Flugel

Post by Flugel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 am

rtou wrote:It would be very cool if VRS supports multiple sources e.g. a local receiver via serial and network-stream or two network-streams :D
Please check this: http://goughlui.com/?p=3922
Using dump1090 as an ADS-B hub。
Might help。

agw

Post by agw » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:58 pm

I've FINALLY begun implementing this for the next release of VRS - however I will need some feeds to test against. If anyone would like to volunteer their feed for testing then I would be very grateful. Before you do volunteer though there are a couple of points that you need to be aware of:

1) Putting a feed onto the Internet will involve setting up port forwarding on your router and
2) I might be connected to it for some time, which could mean that I could end up eating into any upload allowance you have with your broadband connection.

If that doesn't put you off then if you could PM or email me the IP address and port number of each feed (if there's more than one) that you have put onto the Internet then I'd appreciate it. The format of the feed doesn't matter, as long as it's one that VRS can decode (i.e. BaseStation / SBS-3 / AVR or Beast). If you could give me the rough coordinates of the feed's receiver as well then that would be useful - they don't need to be very precise.

Caboosey

Post by Caboosey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:55 am

I am willing to help.

I will email u connection details.

I have 3 ADS-B receivers going.

teslanyc

Post by teslanyc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Greetings everyone. I'm also willing to help. I already have a public feed set up and bandwidth consumption is not an issue.