Log aircraft tracked for replay

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
agw

Re: Log aircraft tracked for replay

Post by agw » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:02 pm

As far as I remember VRS opens StandingData.sqb in read-only mode, it never writes to it. It does, however, download a fresh copy every night (UK time), probably somewhere between 00:30 and 01:45. When that happens it'll use Windows file operations to overwrite the entire file. If you have the file open when that happens then things might get hairy.

ProHill

Post by ProHill » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:43 pm

drencken wrote:Hi Andy,
so without VRS running I can get the script to run successfully and I get a meaningful flight.csv file but after a while the lock error shows up again - this is with VRS running again - the lock re-appears and the same errors shows up again. Maybe VRS opens this DB in an exclusive mode.
Thanks
I have not seen this behavior. The only thing I can think of is that there is a process hanging somewhere. You might check the task scheduler (and perhaps task manager, process explorer, or similar) to see if there is an old task instance that hasn't ended. You might also use something like "Handle" (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... 96655.aspx) to determine what process might have the file open.

Andy

wrefai

Post by wrefai » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Hello,

Thank you for this wonderful and useful plugin. I'm having some problems with the full windows installation can you please video a walk through installation and publish it on youtube? It will be very useful for every one.

WeKnowMC

Post by WeKnowMC » Mon May 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Has anyone managed to get this working only on just a linux machine? I run VRS on my ubuntu vps and would like to get ProHills' database and log working on the same macine. Does anyone know how to do this?

drencken

Post by drencken » Tue May 10, 2016 11:41 pm

I've been able to build things out so that it runs on a single Ubuntu machine. So basically I run the following :

- VRS under Mono (both the regular and Preview versions work fine
- MySQL setup per https://github.com/ProHill/VRS-flights-db
- Modified scripts that populate the DB. The original scripts were Windows based and I have created Linux equivalents and simplified things since there was no need to transfer things via SSL to a second machine. Note - my system is not publicly accessible so this approach may not work for everybody.
- I can try and help via PM.

ProHill

Post by ProHill » Thu May 12, 2016 8:35 pm

drencken wrote:I've been able to build things out so that it runs on a single Ubuntu machine. So basically I run the following :
- Modified scripts that populate the DB. The original scripts were Windows based and I have created Linux equivalents and simplified things since there was no need to transfer things via SSL to a second machine. Note - my system is not publicly accessible so this approach may not work for everybody.
I'd gladly accept a pull request if you want to contribute your Linux-only scripts back.

Andy

drencken

Post by drencken » Fri May 13, 2016 1:24 pm

ProHill wrote: I'd gladly accept a pull request if you want to contribute your Linux-only scripts back.

Andy
I did do a fork on github and my linux scripts are posted if you wanted to take a look at https://github.com/drencken/VRS-flights-db

flight-cpt

Post by flight-cpt » Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 pm

hello i´m new here :) i have an question?

can i to the log aircraft tracking an my local pc?

when yes and we?

thanks for the help

greats flight-cpt :)

Daniel_DE

Post by Daniel_DE » Mon May 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Hello flight-cpt,

sure you can log it on your local machine too.

I guess you are running windows, right? If you aren't really familiar with mySQL, php, webserver etc. on windows, it would be the easiest way for you to set up a Virtual Machine with vmWare or virtualbox and get a linux, for example Ubuntu, running on it.
When this is done you can install Apache webserver or lighthttp, mySQL, php, curl-extension and so on. For this "preparations" you'll find a lot of tutorials in the www when you google for it.

After all preparation work is done you can easily follow ProHill's tutorial.

But even ProHill's tutorial is very good, advanced linux, mySQL and php knowlege is recommended.

At this point a big thanks to ProHill for this really nice work. Even if it took me about 4 Hours to get everything working well, the result showed me it was the time worth.

I hope this nice feauture will be get developed and expanded. If someone adds some new features or a new php-site, please let us know and share it with the community, because not everyone is so familiar with coding with php.

I'm sorry for my bad English. ;)

Regards from Austria,
Daniel

JavaDaHutch

Post by JavaDaHutch » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Thanks to ProHill for the great project. It took a bit of googling and his reference but now the SQL db is being populated.

Is there some reason the .csv will sometimes be unpopulated & 0 byte when the .bat is run? Got things working yesterday and have putty logging the # of records loaded from the .sqb. Everything had been working and @ 13:15 today until 17:00 today the logs showed the .csv was 0 byte and 0 records loaded. I checked the files to make sure they were all still correct (even though I had made no changes since getting it working yesterday). I restarted VRS about 16:00, and as 0f 17:05 it is working again and has made 3 pushes to the SQL db.

My PiAware setup generally sees >70 aircraft from 800-0000, then peters off to ~40-50 overnight so it isn't a reception issue. I am wondering if the VRS restart kickstarted it again as I read somewhere that it takes ~30mins for one of the .sqb to start saving to a hard file again after VRS starts.
Computer:RaspberryPi 3 B Receiver:FlightAware Pro Stick Filter:FlightAware 1090 Feedline:LMR400 - 15' Feedline:LMR240 - 1' Protection:CCG N-Type Lightning Arrestor Enclosure:BUD Industries NEMA Box Power:PoE OS:Piaware 3.x.x (latest)