Log aircraft tracked for replay

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
Bhaal

Re: Log aircraft tracked for replay

Post by Bhaal » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:00 am

ProHill wrote:This is still experimental - we'll see how it works over time. If anyone wants to take a look: http://flights.hillhome.org/flights. Click on any flight and you should get the details page with the route and track maps
Hi Andy.

I've been admiring this and wondering if you would please put the code for the storage component as well the page its displayed on up on your github account? It is pretty much the only thing I want which VRS doesn't do and I'd be ever so grateful! :D

Cameron

ProHill

Post by ProHill » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Bhaal wrote: I've been admiring this and wondering if you would please put the code for the storage component as well the page its displayed on up on your github account? It is pretty much the only thing I want which VRS doesn't do and I'd be ever so grateful! :D
I've finally gotten around to pushing a version of this code up to github. It's available at https://github.com/ProHill/VRS-flights-db.

The instructions assume a Windows VRS host plus a Linux web/database host. However, you could certainly put a web server, PHP, and MySQL all on the same Windows box as VRS. You'll just need to adjust the instructions accordingly.

Note that there are a lot of moving parts to this, so you will need to know what you're doing, and how to troubleshoot various things that might cause it not to work. File paths, permissions issues, authentication just to name a few.

Let me know how it works - I will update the README based on feedback.

Andy

dsfh2992

Post by dsfh2992 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:48 pm

So, once the tracks are recorded, how can they be re-displayed or replayed?

ProHill

Post by ProHill » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:26 pm

dsfh2992 wrote:So, once the tracks are recorded, how can they be re-displayed or replayed?
Right now, that is an exercise for the reader. :)

I'll be releasing an example with code to display (although not "replay") the track, the way it shows up on my website.

Andy

dsfh2992

Post by dsfh2992 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks... That's kind of what I figured.... ;)

ProHill

Post by ProHill » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Actually, I've updated the repository with a few new files in the webserver directory, including map.php, which will display the route and track for a given database entry. Check it out.

Andy

g00ze

Post by g00ze » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Hello Andy,
I have installed your script and get it to work until location data is added to the "Track" field in "flightstable" database, then both
maps became gray on the map page. If the "Track" field is Null, both maps is showing start and stop of the routes.
// Jonas

ProHill

Post by ProHill » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Found and fixed a bug. Thanks for pointing it out.

Andy

bilbolodz

Post by bilbolodz » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:37 pm

I'm trying to install your addon but got some strange issue:

Code: Select all

root@vrs-mlat:/var/www/html/flights# /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/flights/flightimport.php
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1148 The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version' in /var/www/html/flights/flightimport.php:25
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/flights/flightimport.php(25): PDO->exec('?LOAD DATA LOCA...')
#1 {main}
My mysql is: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.47, for debian-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 6.3
-----
Fixed: look at: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1079 ... -need-help

It requires local-infile and php5-mysqlnd native driver
Last edited by bilbolodz on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProHill

Post by ProHill » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:25 pm

It appears your mysql binary was compiled without local-infile enabled. You will need to add the following line to both the mysql and mysqld sections of /etc/my.cnf:

Code: Select all

local-infile=1
That should do the trick after restarting mysql.

Andy