Altitude filter criteria

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
loplo

Altitude filter criteria

Post by loplo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi,
I'd like to be able to have a filter criteria called "altitude" with the options "below/above/at".
I'm asking this because I have difficulties creating reports that cover only the flights related my local airport.
Having an altitude criteria, I could filter out all the enroute/vicinity airport traffic.

Thanks in advance.

agw

Re: Altitude filter criteria

Post by agw » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:53 pm

I'll have to think about this one. BaseStation.sqb holds two altitudes for a flight, the first and last altitude, and neither of them are indexed, so if you're only searching against those columns then SQLite will have to load every flight in the database to find the matching rows.

On the other hand I've got a vague feeling that I did something to enforce a date range if your search only uses unindexed columns so that it didn't end up reading the entire database. I'll add it to the list.

loplo

Re: Altitude filter criteria

Post by loplo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:03 pm

For me it will work as charm, if I could make a filter to show everything below 1000ft, first/last altitude. That will show all the flights at my local airport.