Email daily report?

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
psionmark

Email daily report?

Post by psionmark » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi all,

Is it possible to have the application send a daily report via email? It'd be neat to have it send me yesterdays flights each day.

Sorry if this is FAQ, but I couldn't find any reference whilst searching.

Regards,

Mark

agw

Re: Email daily report?

Post by agw » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:58 pm

The emailing side isn't going to be a problem but what it emails could be. The email's body would have to be a whole pile of HTML that is currently generated by the site's JavaScript, there's no way to run that JavaScript independently of the site so I would end up having to write all of that report generation again in C#. That would not be much fun.

In the meantime you could create an icon on the desktop to open the site on the daily report page. Run the daily report and then click Menu | Criteria, right-click the URL shown in the Permanent Link section and copy the link address. Then (assuming you're running Windows) right-click an empty bit of desktop and choose New | Shortcut. Paste the URL into the location field, click Next, enter the name "Daily Report", click Finish and you're done.

psionmark

Post by psionmark » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks for the reply.

You're right, that doesn't sound like much fun!

I'll have a play with the bookmarking.

Cheers,

Mark

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 am

Andrew

Is there a way of exporting this to say a CSV file? Even better automatically at the close of play each day.

We could interrogate that for Daily statistics.

Thanks

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:44 pm

I think for things like this I'd rather they were in a plugin as opposed to being a part of the main program. Once the next release is out of the way then I'll take a look at adding an automated reporting plugin.

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks Andrew
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.