Access control receiver

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
Chriso

Access control receiver

Post by Chriso » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi
Do you give advice to make access to the receiver on the login and password?
Now it is only possible to set the IP address.
There are many users with dynamic IP address.

agw

Re: Access control receiver

Post by agw » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:09 am

I take it you mean the feed receiver? Presumably you are receiving a feed from a rebroadcast server somewhere else, and you want to stop people from connecting to the receiver and sending their own feed?

You can put a passphrase on a receiver and a rebroadcast server. The passphrase can be anything you like but it is sent in cleartext so don't use a password you're using anywhere else. Passphrases are case sensitive.

Chriso

Post by Chriso » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:12 pm

The idea that someone will come to the receiver (eg. Menu/Receiver/Merged Feed) on website and you need to enter a password.

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Ah OK - so you mean that you want to set things up so that different receiver displays on the website need a username and password to access, while some other receivers do not?

That is not possible, you can set it up so that the entire web site is password protected but you cannot configure it so that some receivers are visible while others are not. If you want to set the site up so that users need to enter a password to view it then you need to:

1. Go into Tools | Options | Users and create some users.
2. Click OK to save the users (there is a bug that stops you from creating users and then using them without first saving them - this has been fixed for the next release).
3. Go back into Tools | Options, go to Web Server | Users. Tick the "User must authenticate" box and then tick the users that you want to allow onto the site.

The access control options on the Receivers in Tools | Options are nothing to do with the web site, they control which IP addresses can (or cannot) send a feed of data to that receiver. They are only used for push receivers, i.e. receivers that wait for incoming connections from another computer, receivers that have the feed pushed to them.

Chriso

Post by Chriso » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:41 pm

agw wrote:Ah OK - so you mean that you want to set things up so that different receiver displays on the website need a username and password to access, while some other receivers do not?

That is not possible, you can set it up so that the entire web site is password protected but you cannot configure it so that some receivers are visible while others are not...
It's a pity because it is very handy to me such a function.

agw

Post by agw » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:14 am

Yes - there have been requests in the past to have some control over which receivers and merged feeds are shown on the site. However my intention is to just let people mark feeds they want to hide from the site. You will not be able to see them even if you happen to be logged in as a particular user. Hiding them is easy, making their visibility conditional on being logged in... not so much. At least not with the way that authentication is currently handled.