Possible to add direct feed to FR24?

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
slammer99uk

Possible to add direct feed to FR24?

Post by slammer99uk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:34 pm

I notice in the preview version notes that you have added support for an FR24 feed for SDR's. I am not using an SDR so cannot test its usefullness, or figure out how it is implemented.

I have no idea if this is a viable option, but would it be possible to add similar functionality to support the same FR24 feed from an SBS-3 output at all? My understanding is that FR24 only allow feeding using their own feeder software?

agw

Re: Possible to add direct feed to FR24?

Post by agw » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:48 pm

The preview just adds Flight Radar 24's feeder software to the SDR section of the receiver wizard, so that people don't have to look up the port number and format to use with it. I only added it because a few people who are feeding FR24 wanted to display the aircraft that they were sending to FR24 in VRS and I had to keep looking up the port number for it. It's in the SDR section of the wizard because that's where I stuck everything that isn't hardware... but really all that wizard does is set the port number, the address if appropriate and maybe the format if it knows it.

If you want to feed FR24 then, as you mention, I think you need to use their feeder software or their receiver.