Aircraft image upload from web interface

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
Bhaal

Aircraft image upload from web interface

Post by Bhaal » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:33 am

Is it possible to have a plugin possibly linked from the aircraft frame for uploading an image of the aircraft? Save mucking about with ftp/scp etc .. and it could be linked directly against the mode-s hex or whatever as it's saved to the pictures folder... Thanks in advance!

agw

Re: Aircraft image upload from web interface

Post by agw » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:34 am

I'll add it to the list :) That's one step away from "Could I have a plugin that scrapes pictures from web sites" though and scrapers are a pain in the backside to maintain. I've done them in the past and they always end up breaking every time the site changes. But yes, if it's just an admin plugin to copy pictures from the local machine to the picture folder then that's not going to be too bad.

Bhaal

Re: Aircraft image upload from web interface

Post by Bhaal » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Correct, I am not interested in scraping sites, I know that is a pain, thats a road I've trod many a time... So you could even just make it part of the database editor... Which could then be renamed to "Aircraft Editor" ?