Aircraft "reset" feature

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
Martin

Aircraft "reset" feature

Post by Martin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:29 am

From time to time, something gets screwed up. A flight picks up an erroneous height or callsign or some such. These errors can persist with the aircraft until it stops being received and times out. What I would like to be able to do is, for a specific aircraft, force its flight to end and remove it from wherever it is being cached. It would then have an opportunity to re-enter the system afresh. Clearly if it reappears with the same erroneous data then the problem is down to the aircraft. For example, I currently have a Hughes 269 helicopter being reported at 14850 ft. I would love to 'vape it and receive it into the current list from fresh.

agw

Re: Aircraft "reset" feature

Post by agw » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:12 am

Apparently the service ceiling (according to Wikipedia) is 14630', maybe they brought oxygen with them :)

I can't put something like that onto the web site, people who put their site onto the Internet would have strangers zapping aircraft from their aircraft lists. However a plugin that lets admins remove aircraft from the aircraft list wouldn't be a big deal, although it would need a change to VRS first. I'll add it to the list.

Martin

Re: Aircraft "reset" feature

Post by Martin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:14 am

Thanks Andrew. An admin plug-in would be wonderful.