PTZ camera control

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
k5ted

PTZ camera control

Postby k5ted » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:51 pm

What about a common PTZ protocol such as Pelco D, Sony, maybe a Meade or Celestron telescope control, or all/similar, to output az/el info based on the az/alt data to a cam for us who live near airports?

There are several relatively low-cost USB PTZ conference cameras that could be incorporated even easier than the above mentioned industrials.

The control panel could feature options to follow the auto-select, aircraft follow, or manual select, and zoom level, both auto based on distance, and manual as well.

Calibration control as well, could be based on GPS location math or simple one time calibration using Moon location data from Google Earth.

Auto snapshot of new tails and add to a local database that could then be shared out. Maybe a 'last seen' directory that could ftp plane images to a website.

xristostra86

Re: PTZ camera control

Postby xristostra86 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Perfect Idea ! , maybe you could synchronise the position of the aircraft (and also the route that the PTZ camera should follow) by using the Arrow of the VRS (as I show below in the picture) North , South , East , West indicator..

I look forward for possible solutions on how to do it. :)

agw

Postby agw » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:08 am

If I ever get one of those cameras then I'll take a look into it :)

xristostra86

Postby xristostra86 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:22 pm

You can get one of these PTZ cameras through chinese stores or stores like ebay etc.

you can get the cheapest one and go on with some experiments with this ! :D

Return to “Feature Suggestions”