Is a usage of VRS without internet connection feasible?

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
rin67630

Is a usage of VRS without internet connection feasible?

Post by rin67630 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 am

Hi,

I am wondering if it would have been possible to operate VRS on an embarked system without internet connection, just with maps and tables from the cache?
Currently it is not possible, I can imagine, it were a huge change if the page is generated by google, or maybe not?

Thank you for considering that suggestion.

Regards
Laszlo

agw

Re: Is a usage of VRS without internet connection feasible?

Post by agw » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:15 pm

You can run it offline but you won't get a Google map. Tick the box for "Offline mode" on the main screen and then click the link.

rin67630

Re: Is a usage of VRS without internet connection feasible?

Post by rin67630 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 pm

agw wrote:You can run it offline but you won't get a Google map. Tick the box for "Offline mode" on the main screen and then click the link.
Thank you for your kind reply, but it does not appear to work with this option either.
The detail and plane list information is not refreshed.

I found Dump1090 to be the culprit: without Internet connection, it just stops to send. (Dump1090 and VR are on the same local network connection which is still active).
I will return here if I get a solution, maybe I have to disconnect the --net option, but I fear it will stop te 30003 port as well...

Regards
RIN