Database Writer Military

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
antonov124

Database Writer Military

Postby antonov124 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:24 am

Is it posibble to filter the BaseStation.sqb for Military flag?
At the moment i edit manual with "SqliteBrowser" some military Aircraft, Filter: Owner "force" .

agw

Re: Database Writer Military

Postby agw » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:10 am

I'm afraid not, there isn't a field in BaseStation.sqb's Aircraft record for military / civilian status.

mmcgee

Postby mmcgee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:07 pm

PlaneBase uses 'M' in UserString4 to indicate Military. I don't think PlanePlotter does anything with that field, and I don't know what other programs do (personally I think it should be one of the UserBool fields for Mil/Civ, but I go with whatever's out there). Be aware that if you were to use that field, it could easily be messed up by other programs since it's not a db field and various programs make use of the User fields differently (or may ignore/overwrite them even if they don't use them).

That does bring up a good point though... When setting up a VRS filter, there is a choice for Military - what is the criteria that it uses? (I was thinking of trying to edit it to fix the US Mil code range but couldn't figure out where the data is being held...)

antonov124

Postby antonov124 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 pm

hi, thats not good to hear ;/

i need an solution to find out which of my flights in the basestation.sqb entrys are military.

agw

Postby agw » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:07 pm

The military filter is using the aircraft's ICAO. It looks it up against the code blocks for country registrations and figures out from there whether it's civil or military. You can add local overrides for the code blocks lookup but it's only really suitable for a small number of overrides, you can't specify ranges with it:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/FlightRoutes.aspx, scroll down to "CodeBlock Overrides".

Eventually the SDM site will let you submit changes to the master code block records in the same way that you can submit changes to routes, airports and airlines.

Return to “Plugins”