Hide a Label on AircraftList

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
dedevillela

Hide a Label on AircraftList

Post by dedevillela » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi,

I've been searching in the documentation and on the .JS files within Web\script\vrs folder, but had no luck finding out the function responsible for Show/Hide labels in the Aircraft List panel. I'm interested in hidding the Country label, still keeping the sorting capabilities, just like the TransponderTypeFlag.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Andre

agw

Re: Hide a Label on AircraftList

Post by agw » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:31 am

Click Menu | Options | List, click the padlock icon and then click the trash bin icon on the entry for Country. You can sort the aircraft list by items that aren't displayed in the aircraft list, but only by going into Menu | Options | List and setting the sort order there.

dedevillela

Post by dedevillela » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Actually I want to sort the list by country, but without showing the label "Country" on top of the list, as is with Transponder Flag, wich is empty but still cliclable. ;)

agw

Post by agw » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:26 pm

I think for transponder type flag I cheated and set the list heading string to an empty string :)

There is an optional suppressLabelCallback function for the render property items but it looks like I don't check that when I build the list, every column gets its list heading regardless. I'll have a look and see why that is, I'm guessing it was just an oversight.

dedevillela

Post by dedevillela » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Andy, any updates on the suppressLabelCallback function? I'm still looking forward to use it to improve the UX.

By the way, if you could please check my VRS instalation, with a little network around it, and lots of customizations, wich is running here: http://radarmg.ddns.net:8088/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

Best regards,

Andre Villela

Skibox

Post by Skibox » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi Andre,

How did you get the country flags instead of country names? Looks nice!

/M

dedevillela

Post by dedevillela » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi Skibox, I have a plugin called "Country Flags" running on my VRS installation http://radarmg.ddns.net:8088/VirtualRadar, wich you can download at the GitHub repository here: https://github.com/dedevillela/VRS-Country-Flags

agw

Post by agw » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:40 pm

I think I didn't add a card to Trello for it, or it didn't get moved across from the old issue tracker when I moved... either way there's a card in Trello for it now :) I tried to take a look at the site but unfortunately it looks like it might be down at the moment, I can't reach it.

dedevillela

Post by dedevillela » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Cool that you could add it to Trello! :D
Sorry about the site, VRS is running on my laptop and sometimes I have to shut it down for a while... but it is going to be online all the weekend now.

Regards,

Andre